Im so mad i snapped a main cola and some wierd growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thc is good for me

I smoke Marijuana Blunts
Reaction score
yea thats right i broke a main cola of one of my plants because i was trying to take a picture of it because there has been some wierd growth in the 6-7th week. 05_9453545.JPG
I made a splint for the main cola i didnt completly snap it just bent it 90 degrees im so mad i cant bevieve i was so stupid.

What do you guys think will she make it?

05_9.jpg
This is the wierd growth on my main cola the two stems started growing out of the main cola in the 6th week. I dont get it?

it looks like its shooting out 1 point fan leaves. usually this occurs on a reveg plant. i have 1 that mutated on me like that shooting out the 1 point leaves then it went to 3 points but one of them was coming out as a sprial then 5 then 7 and shes fine now shell grow out of that .as for the cola brace it up good but not to tight in about a week she will callous overand be fine just let it hapopen naturally after you brace in other words dont fuss with her that much and shell do her thing

Yea i dont get why this growth would happen i ahvnt changed my light cycle it has been constant 12/12 for 7 weeks. They just started growing like that in the 6th week. Its funny it goes main cola bud then two stems coming from the top of the main cola

I suspect light leaks when this happens. Totally dark really means totally dark, without any little light interruptions at all (including but not limited to those quick peeks we all sometimes want to make).

What kind of lighting are you using? They seem to be stretching quite a bit and I would expect better developed flowers at 7 weeks (unless they were a really long flowering sat).

Definitely strange looking but I'm sure its fine. It will probably fill in with bud. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. It will probably also recover from the break in the stem. Just keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I suspect light leaks when this happens. Totally dark really means totally dark, without any little light interruptions at all (including but not limited to those quick peeks we all sometimes want to make).

What kind of lighting are you using? They seem to be stretching quite a bit and I would expect better developed flowers at 7 weeks (unless they were a really long flowering sat).
No there arnt any light leaks the lights are off at night and nobody goes in the room the plants are in when the lights are off. And there are big buds on the plants its just the very top of the main cola of one of the plants that streched like that.

Well I snap necks in veg all the time. (super cropping or pinching I've heard it called as well) Nothing outa the norm. The main cola by snapping reduced the flow of nutrients from the roots. It redirected the energy to the other branches. 6 weeks in still will have vert growth...not much like the first stretch. It'll be fine. ;)
Double check for light leaks...and be more careful next time :p

I broke a cola watering my plants and made a sling like thing and it ended up growing back together, I was so surprised, im sure it will be fine :)

Yeah and sometimes in my experience I think plants just have little quirks here and there too. It might not be light leaks at all but just some weird genes. Is it a clone? If so have you ever grown them before?

If you're in flower it's going to take a bit to heal and then catch back up but this stuff happens, you can't beat yourself up over it.

And Mutt is right in veg lots of people do the supercropping, I've tried it and it's pretty neat when done correctly and with the right strains.

in opp id say it just has a lot of extra groth hormones and its trying to use them up so it can compleate it flowering cycle its fine just a little more bud for your bowl

I heard you might be able to brace its one of those shushcubob sticks

snuggles said:
Yeah and sometimes in my experience I think plants just have little quirks here and there too. It might not be light leaks at all but just some weird genes. Is it a clone? If so have you ever grown them before?

Yes it was a clone from a medical grower. This is the first time i have grown them. not the first time they have been grown by someone else though.

HydroManiac said:
I heard you might be able to brace its one of those shushcubob sticks

Lol i made a brace out of a piece of duct tape and a straw. its just what i had in the same room.

thc is good for me said:
Lol i made a brace out of a piece of duct tape and a straw. its just what i had in the same room.

And that will work fine IMO. Also do any of the other clones have the weird growth?

harvester said:
it looks like its shooting out 1 point fan leaves. usually this occurs on a reveg plant. i have 1 that mutated on me like that shooting out the 1 point leaves then it went to 3 points but one of them was coming out as a sprial then 5 then 7 and shes fine now shell grow out of that .as for the cola brace it up good but not to tight in about a week she will callous overand be fine just let it hapopen naturally after you brace in other words dont fuss with her that much and shell do her thing

one of my plants (4thwk into flowering in soil) has been shooting out 2 point leaves around the main cola at the highest points. Is this normal or weird? Other than that she is doing fine. Tons of hairs and buds developing.

The New Growth Will Make Good Clones If U Let Them Grow Common When The Fim Style Trim Is Done I Do This Alot Due To My Setup And Then Make It A Good Thing

Latest posts

Back