Is this nutrient burn, overwatering or both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priestofknowledge

no denomination
Reaction score
I fed it a week or two ago, low concentration of course.

P8170008.JPG

P8170009.JPG

P8170011.JPG

it looks to me like its either had too much too drink. or it could be not enough to drink. as both can look similar. the leaves in the 3rd pic look like theyve got a touch of nute burn. when did u last water. we also need to know more info. like soil. hydro. lights. how old plants are. seed or clone. that sort of stuff. cause it helps us help you.

IMO it looks more like a nutrient problem. over watering or underwatering will just make the plant droopy and lees vigorous, unless you didn't water it for 6 or 7 days.
Do you have decent drainage in your soil? That would be the only thing else I could think of.

:D I have no friggen idea, but my best wishes for your green ladies :D

looks like nute burn to me.i did it to my lady also.plus she was root bound.i re-potted into 5 gal pot and gave only water 4 almost 2 weeks and she fine now.but what damage is done stays that way.but mine is growing fine now.6 weels in flower.

My last batch looked like that and I think it was high PH problem. At first I thought it was a nute problem so I just watered with RO H2O but I failed to test the PH on the RO water as I assumed it was going to neutral. One day after i picked up a digital PH tester I was shocked to find the water I was using to on my girls to be 8.5 to 9 PH. Way to high for proper nute take up. I made a bad mistake by not testing that water and I paid for it :(. Now I test everthing before it goes to my girls.

tankdogster said:
My last batch looked like that and I think it was high PH problem. At first I thought it was a nute problem so I just watered with RO H2O but I failed to test the PH on the RO water as I assumed it was going to neutral. One day after i picked up a digital PH tester I was shocked to find the water I was using to on my girls to be 8.5 to 9 PH. Way to high for proper nute take up. I made a bad mistake by not testing that water and I paid for it :(. Now I test everthing before it goes to my girls.
Thanks- great advice. I've had pH problems, too. Now it's always checked, like yours. Always a good place to start troubleshooting.

IMO it looks like you need to water your baby with just PH adjusted water NO nutes. It def has some nute burn you may even try flushing your plant. You said you fed your plant a week or two ago...Have you fed it since then cause if not than its def in need of some water. Good Luck getting her back into shape.

Looks like nute burn and heat stress to me. What are your temps like?

I must say it could be heat stress, it's in a closet with Energy saver bulbs and it gets above 90 when I forget to turn my AC back on for the daytime. I do also think it may be nute burn and/or ph, but my last ph tester bent from me taking it through the woods and I haven't replaced it. Planning some guerilla growing btw, lol. Still quite a nice grow for a first timer, I even have two clones going from her to eventually fill two pots next to her and a seedling I'll have to find a 24 hour cool spot for it's vegetative growth, but I think the accidental heat I caused today killed the more recent clone I just made from her. So yeah, I think it's a mix of heat and nute burn, so I'll water her really well tomorrow and apologize for being uncaring Thanks for the feedback and blaze in moderation.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but the water you use has to be PH adjusted/Confirmed by testing or things may not change. My girls just kept getting worse and worse as I was watering with 9.0 PH water and could not figure out why until performed a simple test of my water. I hope you turn your girl around, she looks a nice tall lady:) Good luck my friend and green mojo to you :) :).

Hey Priest. You said that you bent your last pH tester? Do you use one of those cheap $15.00 pH meters with a metal probe that you stick in the soil? Through experience I've found that those aren't accurate at all. Maybe you only use it to test the water, and you don't stick it in the soil, but still, I would not use one like that. I've an inexpensive digital meter made by Hanna, and now that I know how to properly use and care for it, it seems to be accurate enough.

I also double check my meter reading using the liquid pH reagent drops. These drops aren't precise, and a lot of people advise against using them, but if you've nothing else, they work better than a cheapy metal probe meter.

Latest posts

Back