its me again lol ants and cinnamon here now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowrydergrower775

The Lowryder Guru
Reaction score
alright have a tiny bit ammount of ants in one of my containers not any serious worries though about twenty days and im done with this grow :eek: so not much time left but i dont like the ants in my house anyways so here what i got off ed rosenthal

The ants are making nests in the planting medium. This messes with the roots. There is a good possibility that the ants are aphid ranchers. The ants eat the aphids' excreted "honeydew," which is a sugar concentrate from the plant's sap. If they are not ranching, they are getting food from another source and that probably has something to do with the garden

Cinnamon is both repugnant and fatal to ants. As you sprinkle it or water it into the soil you will see the ants scurrying out of their nests. Ants are also susceptible to pyrethrum drenches and other biological insecticides. With a spoon, sprinkle ground cinnamon, which can be purchased at any herb shop or grocery store, on the top of the planting medium. Then make a drench using two rounded tablespoons of ground cinnamon per gallon of hot water. Let the water cool to room temperature then add a liquid pyrethrum insecticide into the solution as directed. A surfactant such as Coco-Wet will make the solution more effective. Use the solution as a drench.

has anyone ever used cinammon to eliminate pests and ants does it work? any info appreciated like i said no threat really posed i just hate bugs period lol but any info greatly appriciated or any other ideas thanks guys :eek:

Yes cinnamon will do the trick. ;) Ants don't like anything spicy. Cinnamon, black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper all will do the trick. They also don't like the smell of mint. Good luck.

Hey RBH everytime i look at that damn avatar of yours i think of Wrong Turn. :rofl:
Runbyhemp said:
Didn't know that. You learn something new every day.

haha what is your avatar from RBH lol and thanks everybody for the advice lol :).....i shall be applying the cinnamon to the plants later tonight ;)

guys this cinnamon water looks morbid are you sure the plants wont mind a bit of cinnamon stuff looks like poo poo water sorry but take a look yourself

DCFC0020.JPG

Hey mang not sure if you were suposed to mix that with water or not. Might wanna try putting it down dry first. Sprinkle some down and see what happens first. ;)

Yes you should be fine doing that. I'm gonna get the link for ya and send it to ya in a PM. ;)

hope this helps..did you know that all of the ant colony is females..yeah the males fly in and then their wings are chewed off and carried to the queen for breeding..just hought id let you know..almost all ant colonies are made op of the female species!

Latest posts

Back