It's Not Over Yet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually this risks shutting down trade and ruining the stores on the USA side and destroying tourism. It is getting to the point where it will be too dangerous to risk driving across the border.

greener pastures said:
Texas has a border ? i dont think it works
Yeah cali, airizona, and new mexico have that same problem.

absolutley Chef locks and fences only keep the honest people out. The thought that people still go to jail for a naturally growing plant is beyond me. But thats what keeps this great gov of ours running so smooth. Honest hard working people.Hopefuly that will change someday soon. More room for the real freaks and thers pleanty of them.

thats why i want to own my 100 acres in the middle of nowhere like Montana and just raise my kids and produce the finist Herb i can. Our country is just going down the gutters and nobody seams to care. I got busted with 11 plants a few years back i was growing outside they tried to scare me with you are facing 25 yearsfor this. Im in the DC area and long story short is that i did make a deal for cultavation and was giving a 20 day sentence with 3 years probation(no urine test TG) but to hear that this guy got the 35 years is scary to me . We all need to be careful with our passion. It is not a slap on the wrist like most think it will be. i guess i got lucky

Dahova said:
thats why i want to own my 100 acres in the middle of nowhere like Montana and just raise my kids and produce the finist Herb i can. Our country is just going down the gutters and nobody seams to care. I got busted with 11 plants a few years back i was growing outside they tried to scare me with you are facing 25 yearsfor this. Im in the DC area and long story short is that i did make a deal for cultavation and was giving a 20 day sentence with 3 years probation(no urine test TG) but to hear that this guy got the 35 years is scary to me . We all need to be careful with our passion. It is not a slap on the wrist like most think it will be. i guess i got lucky

Can you share what caused to them to come to realize that you had those 11 plants so that others may take precautions?
:cool2:

I have lived in Texas my whole life and the marijuana laws are not as strict as many of you make them out to be, are we as tolerant as other states in the NW and NE? No, but we have made tremendous strides in recent years and since September anyone caught with 4oz or less is a misdemeanor and the officer has the discretion to write a ticket and not take the person in, not great but much better then the old antiquated laws of being locked up. The problem this person made was not knowing the laws and especially having a criminal record and not knowing the laws. I know this doesn't justify 35 years but the guy made a very very poor choice by carrying that much with him, especially having priors.

I have forwarded this to my state rep and encouraged him to fight for the decriminalization of marijuana. I don't feel my congressman or senator has any business dealing with this issue as it is a state issue not a federal.

The following is a summary of Texas MJ laws, I know they are severe compared to other areas but they are much better than we had in the recent past. These are maximum punishments and should not reflect the norm, alot of it is going to depend on the judge. Progress sometimes takes little steps at a time, but progress is progress. I will continue the fight through letter writing and membership in my local NORML chapter.

Possession
2 oz or less* class B misdemeanor 180 days $2,000
2 to 4 oz* class A misdemeanor 1 year $4,000
4 oz to 1 lb* state jail felony 180 days - 2 years $10,000
1 to 5 lbs state jail felony 180 days - 2 years $10,000
5 to 50 lbs felony of the third degree 2 - 10 years $10,000
50 to 2,000 lbs felony of the second degree2 - 20 years $10,000
More than 2,000 lbsfelony5 - 99 years $50,000

* With no prior felony convictions, if convicted of possession of less than one pound of marijuana a judge must impose a sentence of probation with mandatory drug treatment. If no treatment center exists within the jurisdiction, the judge may waive the treatment requirement. They judge can also waive all fines.

dman1234 said:
6 months in prison for under 2 ozs, yeah that doesn sound to strict

I didn't say they weren't strict, I said it is not as bad as many people make them out to be. If you look on the NORML website and look up MJ laws around the country you will notice Texas falls in line with most other states. In fact, even in California someone caught with more than 28.5 grams can be sentenced to 6 months. We all know Cali is much more lenient than Texas, but it shows you every state has maximum penalties. I am not defending Texas by any means, I am responding to the ideology that everyone busted in Texas for weed is going to prison when it is just not true. I despise the current marijuana laws and am not sitting around whining but am actively involved in promoting a more tolerant approach then the one currently in place.

Honestly i still think Cali law ($100 fine for 1oz or less) is too strict although, where i live in Cali i can possess unlimited plants and bud, and its straight up legal for anyone 18+ to possess or grow

i'm with ya frog. easy big guy, it's all good. take a look at the mj laws on michigans books one time.:eek: .

even with the new law concerning mmj, they have yet to figure it all out, and even if you are a card holder, leo everywhere are going rogue on gardens yet, as if a silent vote was administered, and they missed the memo saying, "mich voters vote yes on proposition one in a landslide in all eighty-three counties"...

ssshhhhhhh!!!

Hope I didn't come across as fired up. I was just wanting to clarify some misinformation, I'm a pretty laid back guy.

TexasMonster said:
Can you share what caused to them to come to realize that you had those 11 plants so that others may take precautions?
:cool2:

I had a 40 acre farm andplanted 10 plants per acre in the back fields bout 10 acres . the police said they had gotten a call bout illegal huters poaching deer neer my farm they randomly walked into the field looking for them.. shitty luck but what can you do

Dahova said:
I had a 40 acre farm andplanted 10 plants per acre in the back fields bout 10 acres . the police said they had gotten a call bout illegal huters poaching deer neer my farm they randomly walked into the field looking for them.. shitty luck but what can you do

Tell them to get the hell off your land unless they have a warrant that specifically lists what they are searching for.

Dahova said:

The police may need a warrant but Game wardens and DNR officers don't. Anywhere wild life (deer,turkey,any game animals) is they can go. And in some states they actually have more power that a state trouper.

Latest posts

Back