Jack Herrer's drooping badly......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Skinx

StealthOrganicGreenthumb+
Reaction score
FFOF soil (organic); Botanicare Pro BLoom for soil (organic) every other watering; 1 gl containers; 12 x 24W (280 W total) T5 Pioneer Jr IV Flouro; 200 CFM in a 35 sq. ft. grow space; Average temp: 79 degrees in growspace; 4 plants (all female): two bag seed from dank, two mail-order Jack Herrer; 12/12 week two .........

don't think I forgot anything.....

OK, the two bagseed are doing AWESOME. Topping like mad, pistils EVERYWHERE. The two JH: not so well. Drooping fan leaves that are curling under and feel VERY spongy. Kinda like thin sheets of rubber. Nothing has changed in my technique, amandments, or cycles...... Am very perplexed.

HELP PLEASE.

PICS in 10 min......

PIC 1: all 4 plants; two on right are the bagseed, two on right are the JH
PIC 2: same, just a l slightly better perspective of the problem with the JH
PIC 3: the worse of the two. notice the topping leaves curling badly
PIC 4: the georgeous tops of the two bagseed!!!

03OCT08 001.JPG

03OCT08 002.JPG

03OCT08 003.JPG

03OCT08 005.JPG

They look like they need to be watered to me.

Watered last night b4 lights out, then a topping off about two hours ago. Soil quite moist and dense.....No change, still drooping. I also just noticed that the bottom leaves are very dry and brittle.....

How long have your lights been on. Plants tend to be droopy in the morning (or lights on) and over the day will perk up. IMO you should't have watered last night, many prefer to water in the morning when the lights turn on. I don't understand why you had to "top off" the water this morning. Your plants do not need to be watered that often, every 3-4 days is usually when they will need to be watered. They could be drooping due to overwatering, which is easy to do. Whats the PH of the water?

Tolal height of plants is between 14 - 16 inches.
Can I transplant AFTER flowering has initiated?...

Yes, but very carefully. I like to do it about a day after I water, the rootballs will hold all the soil and you will be fine transplanting if you are careful. I would do it in the next day or 2 though since you are already two weeks into flower and you don't wanna cause too much stress.

If I do not water every day, the JH's will fall over they get so spongy and droopy. I am using distilled water. pH of 7. neutral.

That ph is a lil alkaline. As long as they're growing fine i'd keep giving them that water but if any problems show i'd drop the ph to about 6.5. I like to transplant in flower. Up to 2 weeks in:).

BBP: you're the shyte, Brother. Not the first time you have given me (plant)life-saving advice. Plan on transplanting this evening right b4 lights out. Thanx....

GMO: thank you also for your input. I believe have may have some differences of opinion on growing techniques. No offense. Flouro grows are so much more different than HID....

Just throwing my "opinion" out there. No offense taken, just trying to help you help your girls :). Though one thing I did kinda overlook is that you are in 1 gal containers. This leads me more to believe that it isn't necessarily over/underwatering at this point in time but likely was an issue earlier. Your plants have probably become rootbound now (possibly due to overwatering and the roots collecting at the bottom, or simply because they are getting bigger). This is quite possibly why you are having to water everyday. Once you transplant you will notice a huge difference in the amount of time you can go between waterings. Get those pupies transplanted :eek:.

Already done. Still have 2 gallon pots from my last grow and have everything prepared to transplant tonight. UNFORTUNATELY, I have a very limited growspace. Transplanting all 4 meant giving two to a friend to keep. Fortunately, he just harvested and everything is already set up, sooooooooooooooooooo... A little nerveracking, but a GREAT, experienced, and trustworthy friend.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP....

Also (in case you check this post again), I already transplanted. Changed my mind at the last minute and went with 3 gallon pots. since I have only two plants, now. I have room for the 3 gls. yikes. should be a doosie....:hubba:

001.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Latest posts

Back