Jailed Pot Candy Maker Faces Lawsuit From Chocolate Giant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizoelio

Reaction score
From FOX http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274147,00.html

SAN JOSE, Calif. — It was a big enough problem for Kenneth Affolter when he was sentenced to more than five years in prison for making marijuana-laced treats and soft drinks.
Now he faces the wrath of a candy giant.
The Hershey Co. has sued Affolter, 40, for giving his goodies names like Stoney Rancher, Rasta Reese's and Keef Kat. Each came in packaging similar to Hershey's Jolly Rancher, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Kit Kat candies, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Hershey's suit, filed earlier this month in U.S. District Court in San Jose, accuses Affolter of trademark infringement, trademark dilution and unfair competition. The company is seeking $100,000 in damages.
Papers were served on Affolter on Tuesday while he was in a county jail awaiting transfer to state prison.
Affolter's lawyer, David M. Michael, said he was negotiating with Hershey.

Umm, anyone got the recipe for the Keef Kat?

Dude #1 - Hey! You got chocolate on my peanut beauter!

Dude #2 - HEY! You got Peanut butter on my chocolate.

Stoner dude - We should put some keef on that! :rolleyes:

Oh... LOL kit kats don't got peanut butter do they lol. What's in normal kit kats? A wafer and some chocolate? Damn I eat them all the time and don;t know what it is lol

What i find hilarious in that post, was that one of Hershey's complaints was "unfair competition".

Kmpra

Now every candy maker will sue this poor chap based on "unfair Competition"

LOL.

copyright infringements sheesh.....if vanilla ice can ruin one of queens greatest songs ever by duplication except for one little note.....than why can t people have similar product names. what a joke.

unfair competition. every person hershey has stepped on, squandered, or leveraged a buy out on should sue them for "unfair competition".

i hate large Corps, Freek'n hershey plant in the next town over from me just shut their doors last week and layed off hundreds of employees due to relocating their plant to Mexico. F globalization unless the savings are past on to the consumers. Which will never happen.....

I will admit it is Very unfair competition
hahahaha
screw Hershey's should all contain some Keef LoL

Latest posts

Back