just a random question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokinpurpkush

Reaction score
Some of my plants are streching more then others. My partner bends them do the grow all at the same height. My question is whould we bother doing that? Is there any cons?? I think we should just leave them but, i would like to know if there is any positive effect on the plant ?

well as the plants grow closer to light you would need to move it away makin it farther from the smaller plants and artificial light loses intensity greatly with distance so the cons would be uneven light distribution for your plants to photosynthesize

zem said:
well as the plants grow closer to light you would need to move it away makin it farther from the smaller plants and artificial light loses intensity greatly with distance so the cons would be uneven light distribution for your plants to photosynthesize
well right nowi am running 4 lights for 22 plants i think ligth would not be a problem. waiting.. for other clones :(

Low stress straining (lst)

It is when you bend your plant and tie it down so that it doesnt consumer vertical space. you get more bud sites rather than the one big cola ontop.

I think zem meant it wouldnt help as you would have some plants higher than others of not all are streching.

What is the hight difference between the ones streching and the ones that are not? and are they different strains?

low stress training but it does sound like your just trying to make all plants the same height if this is right kaotik is right on for an easy way to do this

Jericho said:
Low stress straining (lst)

It is when you bend your plant and tie it down so that it doesnt consumer vertical space. you get more bud sites rather than the one big cola ontop.

I think zem meant it wouldnt help as you would have some plants higher than others of not all are streching.

What is the hight difference between the ones streching and the ones that are not? and are they different strains?

Thanks. there are all the same strain m39. the tallest to shortest 5".

What type of lights are they and what watts? how close are they to the top of the plants? and what ventalation are you using How much room are those 22 plants using up in sq ft?

Hps 1000 watt. they are all 16" away from light i got 1 -8" and 2- 6" table is 8'x8'

smokinpurpkush said:
Hps 1000 watt. they are all 16" away from light i got 1 -8" and 2- 6" table is 8'x8'

1000w = 130,000 lumens

8x8= 64sqft

64 divided by 130,000 lumens = 2031 lumens per sq ft.

if my calculations are right.

You need 3000- 5000 lumen's per sq ft for veg.

you seem to be a little under. is the 1000w cooled?

Not enough light dude.

My bad, In that case you have plenty of light for them,

are they cooled? whats temp like at plants and is there venting in the room? got any pics?

sorry jericho not posting any pictures. yes i got 2 intake and one out. i had problems wiht temp last week but i got it stable at 28deg celius now had to bring more fresh air in.

28 is a little high. you want to keep it in low 70's F. thats about 21-24 i think.

I think you will be fine if you just put the plants a little closer to the light by putting somthing under the plants.

Try get a fan inside blowing on the plants if you havent got one already.

a little hot i know but its steady so im happy with that. i got my lights on a pully system makes it alot easyer to drop or lift the lights. i got 5 fans in the room running 24/hrs and 1 ac working becouse of hotter weather.

Latest posts

Back