L.E.D. Grow Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rogue said:
Tukadoodle that all depends on what you are looking to do. If you are looking to grow a couple plants and want it to be cool and use only a little bit of energy you could get 4 shop lights and put 8 quality cool white bulbs in them to veg and 8 quality warm white to flower and be done with your lighting needs for under $100. Not to mention it would cover double the area the agrihouse 160watt set covers. If space, heat, and energy are not really a problem go with an HPS. You can get a 400watt HPS system complete for about $300 and it will cover an area at least 4 times larger than the agrihouse and give you much healthier plants that produce more. If you are stuck on the idea of using LEDs, I am because I like to live on the edge and explore the unknown LOL, then it depends on how good you are with a soldering iron and knowledge of basic electronics. You can get large high flux LEDs direct from Chinese suppliers through Ebay and build your own or search for warm white LED floodlights on google if your more likely to burn down your house then solder anything effectivly.

I just noticed Agrihouse changed their disclaimer about LEDs today after my posting here, so that begs the question.

How long have you worked for Agrihouse tukadoodle? :confused2:
I don't work for Agrihouse and am just a new MMJ customer for what I believe is the best and most cost/time effective system. I respect their opinons in Aero tech as they did develop it. They did it for NASA and focus mainly on Vegtables etc. They also sell mega systems to nurseries and have a huge one in CO. However, I am interested in working in this area and maybe Agrihouse. With Climate change and MMJ I see it as a huge boom opportunity and especially as more states adopt MMJ. And yes all of your input is helping me decide. But let me ask everyone a question. Do you know of any pre-packeaged turnkey systems or can one build a comperable system at a cost of $8.33 per plant for 120 plants? I am curious because I am physically unable to build my own, but still think it ends up being the best and most cost effective, high yielding system for the COGS(Cost of Goods) and labor.

Our time is worth money (even unemployed) and we need to add the hours ( I use an average hourly rate of doing another job or a job in the past) into the price. So this is an open challenge to name that tune as I truely want the best most cost effective system. I can easily cancel my order with Agrihouse as I was going to do with their lights. I am probably holding back on LED's as my room is 12X10 in a colder basement (~60-75 degrees) that should balance out some of the heat to some degree? I am also too new to deal with this emerging technology short term. Anybody use a scrubber to vent the heat into their HVAC system of the house?...I guess it would still smell up the housea bit? As always, I highly value and appreciate the opinions of you all more than any other!

Latest posts

Back