Legal Weed Market in Full Collapse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange. I got slapped by HEMP while growing 9 plants completely legally. Five cars, nine cops, ten if you count the bitey dog that the state trooper brought. Guess I should have told them I was Chinese. Got to keep my plants and sleep at home, so I guess it wasn't too bad, but it sure did scare the hell outta the wife.

Strange. I got slapped by HEMP while growing 9 plants completely legally. Five cars, nine cops, ten if you count the bitey dog that the state trooper brought. Guess I should have told them I was Chinese. Got to keep my plants and sleep at home, so I guess it wasn't too bad, but it sure did scare the hell outta the wife.
Hippie...when did this happen to you amd how did they find you?

Im starting to think that a 1 joint mandate must be applied on every adult in order for people to wisen up a little. Im not getting over how much stupidity there is in this world.

Hippie...when did this happen to you amd how did they find you?
About 4-5 years ago, and it was a fly-over that spotted it. They could have called, they could have sent one car up to check it out, but nooo. Five unmarked vehicles and a MSP SUV with a bitey dog. They were dressed in camo pants and wearing T shirts with HEMP Help Eradicate Marijuana Planting on 'em.
One spotted me in the window and pointed it out to another guy. The rest of 'em had already gone out back to the pot pen. They all had latex gloves on for picking. I opened the door and asked what was up. He replied that they'd spotted marijuana growing out back. I told them I was legal. He asked to see my card. I told him I'd be right back and closed and locked the door. I came back with my card and my driver's license and handed 'em over. He checked the cards and asked how many I had out back. I told him he already knew. He laughed and asked why I only had 9 and not the allotted 12. I told him that 9 was all I needed.
He thanked me and left. I asked if I could get one of their T shirts. He laughed.

Helicopters and a dozen police cars made their way to my place a few years ago. Some kids must have been growing way behind my place. Cars filled my long driveway and some had to park on the road. Stressed out the missus and myself to no small degree. Put on a show for the neighbors. Those kids must've known what they were doing, the cops drug over a dozen very large plants out of the woods. They were flying the river valley that runs through my property, the sheriff in charge said they found over 200 plants. A neighbor had one taken from his backyard but no charges filed.
I'm glad we're legal now. I'll start my first indoor grow in a couple weeks when I return from my Texas trip. Really excited about it.

Don't need a card in my state anymore. You still have to grow the same way you did in the card days; its gotta be fenced in on five sides, locked, and not visible from any adjoining property. That said, I'm gonna sneak a couple of Freakshows around in a few spots. I honestly think you could plant them in the flowerbox at the local MSP barracks and they'd be none the wiser.

what state?

I got raided in 97 with a huge ebb and flow and 30 clones just flipped to 12/12 sea of green style. At the time I had a specially rigged cable box that got all the channels free. I thought that is what they were there for. All my new friends had AR's. Pled guilty to plea deal of 5 plants or less. My first major fack up in life as luck would have it. My last one too unless you count my second marriage. Hired this big fancy lawyer to cut me a deal. 5000 fine. and 1 year of probation. Although I did spend just over 48 hours in Macon County. Guy that was in charge said they were giving me one year per plant and I started laughing at him. I knew better for a first offence. In Illinois if you never been in trouble before ever, if you are going to grow over 5 plants, you just as well grow 5000 of them because it is all the same. I am legal now with my med card. Limit is still 5 for me.

Kicker is, as I was walking out of court, the sub DA turned to me and said that was where he was going to start with negotiations for a plea. Was Going To Start! This hot shot lawyer 3500 bucks, should have fought for less. I could have bargained for less myself but had never been through the system before and didn't know any better. So, I been convicted of misdemeanor cannabis cultivation in IL. All long over and behind me now.

My 12 yo son at the time had a field instruction book that he obtained from someone who had been in the service about how to strip an M16. Little book but it was from the service. About a week later I was raided by ATF. Only thing that happened was they kept my Fully Auto switchblades. I got to keep my side shooter simi auto blades. They didn't like the ones that shot out the top and then retracted. Still got the side shooters somewhere buried in my junk drawer. No charges with that raid.

About 4-5 years ago, and it was a fly-over that spotted it. They could have called, they could have sent one car up to check it out, but nooo. Five unmarked vehicles and a MSP SUV with a bitey dog. They were dressed in camo pants and wearing T shirts with HEMP Help Eradicate Marijuana Planting on 'em.
One spotted me in the window and pointed it out to another guy. The rest of 'em had already gone out back to the pot pen. They all had latex gloves on for picking. I opened the door and asked what was up. He replied that they'd spotted marijuana growing out back. I told them I was legal. He asked to see my card. I told him I'd be right back and closed and locked the door. I came back with my card and my driver's license and handed 'em over. He checked the cards and asked how many I had out back. I told him he already knew. He laughed and asked why I only had 9 and not the allotted 12. I told him that 9 was all I needed.
He thanked me and left. I asked if I could get one of their T shirts. He laughed.
Great to hear you were able to be rid of the gestapo with your card.

And in an attempt to bolster my argument about the legal weed market: You can now find 30% flower in Massachusetts for $140 an ounce - a 73% reduction in commercial value over the last 3 years.

Latest posts

Back