Let's Discuss Legalize Ohio 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melvan

BHC Member #313
Reaction score
Let me begin by saying this has just recently been brought to my attention, and I have not decided if I support them or not.

I figured we've been having such a nice discussion concerning Responsible Ohio that we could probably hash out some things about this initiative here too.

Personally, I've already seen a couple of points I would change.

1) I'd like a clearer plan as to how they are going to track from seed to sale.
2) I'd like to see where the tax dollars go have a wider scope. I think the pension plan is fine, but I'd like to see dollars dedicated to each school district for general fund usage, and some dedication to infrastructure, give a more public benefit to the millions that will be coming in.

What's everyone's thoughts?

http://www.legalizeohio2016.org/

I like this one a lot better, and agree with your 2 points. but I believe this one states a person can grow up 2 99 plants and have 99 kilos on hand. I may be thinking of another one, there were 3 coming up last I looked. I think the 99's are both a bit much. ohio is my home state as well.

That's a pretty good way of handling legalization.

I can understand the tracking of herb grown in a commercial environment. The powers that be want to think they have a handle on herb getting into "The Black Market", which will only thrive in a tax based herb market, not cease to exist.

I don't like the Commercial licenses being dictated on what some entity will consider "the market". If you qualify....you should be able to get a license and compete with everyone else. Quality of herb will always win, and poorly operated companies will falter. By limiting licenses, you are almost guaranteeing a higher priced marketplace.

But, all in all, it looks cool...just pretty vague on a lot of points

I see a list of key components but I can not locate an actual petition.

Without a written petition, they might as well be a YouTube video. LOL

Right now, it looks like RO or ORG are the runners. Does this group have any established documentation?

RO should have it up by now I would think. ORG isn't quite that far along yet but has a 2016 time table.

hippy59 The ORG had its language ok'd last year and is well on its way when it comes to collecting signatures. (ir)Responsible Ohio just had its language approved and is just now trying to get the sigs. They worry me because they have all the young-ins jumping up and down about "legalization", but none of them are looking at the truth of what their way would mean in Ohio.

ORG may actually have a chance since they have their "evergreen" signatures.

Latest posts

Back