Light Cycle Disrupted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingNatural

You snooze,you lose....
Reaction score
:eek: Hey :holysheep: ,
I woke up today @ 8:10am to find that my neighborhood was out of power.I immediately took my three ladies (NL), who are flowering a little over four weeks, out into some late December window light. My light (600 HPS) is set to turn on at 7:15 for 12 hrs. My electric came back on around 9ish,as did my HPS,exhaust etc.. I then put them back.My timer did'nt skip a beat,it is a digital type that is DST auto.The DST feature screwed me up pretty much the same way when the clocks went back. What do you suggest? When day light savings screwed me, I did'nt do anything.My last crop did'nt seem to be affected.Was this the right thing to do? Does anyone suggest something else?
Thanks for your input.
FlyingNatural

Yer gettin 'WaY to worried over small stuff, we have power outages here often!!!!>)

Sometimes lasting 3-4 days, the way to deal with this situation is to leave them alone!>O

While the lights are out, turn off the light timer, this will keep them in the dark, when the lights come back on reset the timer for the next full light cycle:>)

The important part is keeping them in the dark until a full light cycle can be run again!>)

The only thing I've noticed about dark period lasting 4 days is that they take 4 more days to mature:>D

O! I forgot, I don't give them a full watering when lights are out either!>O

The reason for this is the fans are off also, so the chance of mold rises with any water that's introduced to the situation =>P

The way I do this is; get a little flashlight, then after dark turn off all lights outside the grow area, open the door turn on the flashlight if they look dry add a little water to freshen them. This is one reason I use coco instead of hydroton cause it holds moisture longer.>)

this is no problem, the extra dark is fine, it's the light interruping the dark that is the problem...should this happen again, just forget it...

dont worry about watering either, plants dont use it in the dark, no uptake in dark...

Hey guys,
Thanks alot for the input and relieving my worries. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

thanks for this thread i had a similer problem when i went to jail for a day everyone thought id be locked up for a while so my bro took my plants but not the lights so he did not have the proper lights so i told him to just leave it in the dark till i get their this was only like a little over 24 hours but i was woried about it but never asked about it cause i was worried about what the answers would be lol ,,but i see i had nothin to worry about lol

Its all good man. As a whole even a little too much light in moderation (I am not saying to purposely do this) after 4 weeks into flower can be of little damage. Dont sweat the small stuff its cool

Latest posts

Back