Lighting systems (HID MH LED T5 and ...51/50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew7

Reaction score
I am a newbie to indoor growing and I'm wondering if I can grow two or three plants well under a couple of Sun Systems Glowpanel 45 LED lights (honestly ...I have a weird gut feeling about it, but I love the environmental and energy savings of the concept -I just hate sad plants and wimpy little buds!). That said, would a 4', 4 tube T5 high output fixture with blue tubes for veg and red tubes for flowering work well, or am I better off with a combo 600 watt HID/MH system for around the same cost? The Glow panels are well worth the extra money if they really work as well as they claim. Also, can I find fixtures suitable for T5's at any home improvement center or are they mostly a speacialty online thing? If I can use off the shelf fixtures from a home center and just buy the tubes online, then that might make a T5 and an HID system feasible. Thank you for any help you might be able to give me.
:holysheep: (just cuz' I like this little guy!)

There's a lighting section too, so they might move your post, FYI. Welcome. I would for sure use T5's for veg and hps for flower. LED's are not there yet, gl

We've seen people use leds, compact floros, t-5's etc run them all the way through to harvest. So yes it can be done. However, you will not get the big dense buds that you would if you were to use a HID. The LED's seem to work pretty decent for vegative growth, and alot of us that have used MH in the past in veg have switched to t5 floro's. The bottom line though if you want big sticky dense buds, your going to want to use a HID lamp to flower with.

Welcome to the site!

Latest posts

Back