Looking for Sex/Gender Resource

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tn_toker420

PurpMountainMan
Reaction score
If anyone has any good links to the anatomy/ structure of the MJ plant i'd appreciate the link...I'm having a problem w/ determining sex...Not so much problem but just driving myself crazy b/c i'm not positive ...I'm not sure if it's the petiole or what that i've thought was the pistil but isn't...I'm not looking for just plain female and male pictures, more in depth description of the plant parts...And man, i really feel like a true newb now, even after 4-5 years of outdoor growing under my belt...I'm sure i could give my best, but i'm wanting to get this right ...And no second guessing anymore...

edit

hope this helps and just a couple of pics to add some green :p

kinds.jpghermaphrodite-marijuana-can.jpg

Hello Thorn.
Any chance of a bigger version of that third pic? Or letting me know where it came from? No detail when i enlarge it :)

THanks ...Those are actually really great pics ...But what i'm wonderin' i guess, is about the little hair that you also see in the male that almost cross each other...Right exactly beside the sac...I'm not sure, but i think maybe every has this, it's not gender based... I've often confused it with the pistil i think...Ok , after looking closer i may be talking about the stipule, can anybody tell me if this is right??? And Great Posting UK, Keep it Up and Keep it GREEN...:D

yes tntoker i think its the stiple what your talking about ,,and i gave you the wrong link up there ,,heres the correct one
hXXp://www.truestoners.com/SexingPlants.html

hey toker, if you look at the 2nd pic you can see the pistlis and stiple (the two spikes between the branchs) all mj plants have the stiple its not sex related. look for pistils or balls, you can see them long before they pollenate imo. give it time they'll sex so easy you won't have to worry about it. good luck and keep us posted

Hello my friend...How about some close ups of the Nodes? we can help ya..But a hair and balls isnt good..but we need to see the plant for an accurate call..good luck and keep us posted:bolt::bong:

Thanks everyone...I've no problem with sexing now, it was just a brief 'brain fart :) Let's hope i won't ever have to go through this again...i'm not really adjusted yet w/ the indoor, but keep forgetting it's really almost the same on most levels when u think about it...But everyone, thanks...Great Link UK :D ...And i've never once heard the term 'Tongue' with a plant, but i like it :D ...I wish my girls would stick their tongues out at me :)

Latest posts

Back