lumens and flowing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARY-JANE

Female Growers Group
Reaction score
Well hello everyone,

Me and my husband has been working on building a new grow box it is 4ft.w/4ft.h/2.5ft.d. We have some cfl's that we plan on using,
three: 40w=200w 7600 lumens
one: 65w=300w 3900 lumens
one: 42w=150w 2500 lumens
for a total of 1150w and 14,000 lumens right.
So for the amount of lumens I have and space is that going to be good for flowering? Please help been growing with flourecent for veg and flowering trying to get better. Jus can't afford the hps or mh yet.

Thank ya'll for the help:)

sorry MJ too stoned to do math.
when it comes to flos. 3000 lumens per sq.ft. is the least you need.
the good average for me is 5000-6000 lumens of flos per sq.ft. or 50W of metal halide or high pressure sodium per sq.ft.,
look forward to the grow :D

I had 4-150 watt and 8-100 watt cfl's in my box the same size.Wasn't doing a very good job.Have you seen the links for the $20 HPS's?

well (mutt) if I have a total of 14,000 lumens and the space is as I explained is that enough or is that to much:confused:

Don't forget that when you use CFL's to flower you are adding 1 - 3 weeks to the finish time, it just doesn't pay to use anything but HPS for flower.

There is more to this than watts and lumens. You have 227W, not 1150W--the equivalent wattage thing doesn't count when we are talking about growing plants. You have less than 1/2 the minimum lumens you should have just to veg. Flowering with this amount of light will give you a very sparse yield.

There is no substitute for HPS for flowering. And, IMHO, with inexpensive HPSs available there is no reason to not be flowering with HPS. 300-400W of HPS will most likely yield 3-4 times what your CFLs will.

Well thanks everyone for info. I was using flourecent sun light to flower before.
I used 12/40w flourecent sunlight and the limens was only 35,400.
My grow box for that one was 6ft.l/4ft.h/4ft.w.
And I did flowering in that box and I was getting about an 1.5-2 ounce per plant; and I was flowering 6-8 plants at a time.

With my new box I only plane on putting 2-4 plants.

MARY-JANE said:
Well thanks everyone for info. I was using flourecent sun light to flower before.
I used 12/40w flourecent sunlight and the limens was only 35,400.
My grow box for that one was 6ft.l/4ft.h/4ft.w.
And I did flowering in that box and I was getting about an 1.5-2 ounce per plant; and I was flowering 6-8 plants at a time.

With my new box I only plane on putting 2-4 plants.

Are you saying that you can get a gram per watt flowering with fluoro tubes? With only 20W per sq ft? With only 1475 lumens per sq ft?

Yes, I have been able to flower with flouro. I don't know about the gram per watt. Jus trying to do better. My mary is my meds. that is why I need all the help I can get.

Well a 600 watt HPS you get 90,000 lumens so for your use of 1150 watts for 14,000 lumens, erm..... you know which one i'd use.. ;)

Latest posts

Back