Male PLant??? Pic incl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Afghan#1

Is this definitely a male plant? Its in 8th week of veg which is why I ask.

001.JPG

This is my biggest plant and most healthiest, cant believe it.
Why did this plant form balls when it is still in veg?
WHile I was trying to take more pics one of he sacs fell on the ground.
Heres an other pic of the same plant before I decapitate it.

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

males are usually the faster growing plants. they are genetically disposed to be taller than the ladies during theyre somewhat shorter lifespan for pollination reasons. dont worry about it being the tallest plant. you'll get over that when the runty ones turn out to be ladies and yer puffin sweet homegrown cheeba.

if it has dropped its load,you better get ready for some seedy plants,the girls that are with him.kill that dude quick.sorry.my luck also.my best plant was huge,compared to the others and it was a male also.very disappointing,i know.but a good learning lesson.

you should be okay while they are in veg...as long as other plants dont have pistils yet...but I would take extra steps to be clean of an pollen that has escaped...if flowering in same room wipe it down well and mist down the plants...could this be an auot flower strain you have?..that could be why its changing in Veg..pull him kill him unless you plan to use him to bread..good luck

KEEP M GREEN

The first grow i did i had three plants two of which were so beautiful, tall, bushy and than the balls showed themselves. How disappointing, but thats the way it goes. Good luck Afghan

Afghan#1 said:
This is my biggest plant and most healthiest, cant believe it.
Why did this plant form balls when it is still in veg?
WHile I was trying to take more pics one of he sacs fell on the ground.
Heres an other pic of the same plant before I decapitate it.
it seems to always be the biggest and best plants that turn out to be male:eek: ...I too would like to know how/why they showed sex in veg...whats your light schedual ? how long did you veg it ???

ay that a male ther that yer have!

If its such a good plant, maybe you can put it somewhere away from your ladies to grow and then collect pollen from the make some seeds?

Plants in veg do show there sex by means of pre-flowers.

ahhhh its male.... I checked our strain of indica.. still show no sex, it should show sex for us soon.. our strain is bigger than yours.. which means we get high possible to get females. I HOPE SO

My outdoors have finally showed there stuff, 7 females out of 22 plants
Mine showed at the top growth, once you see the different they are easy to tell. I planted all in planters so I could move inside once determined the sex
If yours are not in the ground, move females indoors until they all show

:ccc:The Toker:ccc:

4u2sm0ke said:
you should be okay while they are in veg...as long as other plants dont have pistils yet...but I would take extra steps to be clean of an pollen that has escaped...if flowering in same room wipe it down well and mist down the plants...could this be an auot flower strain you have?..that could be why its changing in Veg..pull him kill him unless you plan to use him to bread..good luck

KEEP M GREEN

I will mist them down tonight and I will kill this plant. Its Nirvana hindu Kush so it is not an auto flower strain. Too bad:spit:

PUFF MONKEY said:
it seems to always be the biggest and best plants that turn out to be male:eek: ...I too would like to know how/why they showed sex in veg...whats your light schedual ? how long did you veg it ???

Light sched is 24/7, for 8 weeks now. Yes it has been vegged for a long time, next time im keepn my plants in veg for 6 weeks, if that.

Afghan#1 said:
I will mist them down tonight and I will kill this plant. Its Nirvana hindu Kush so it is not an auto flower strain. Too bad:spit:

yeah clean it good in there my friend and you will be fine.;) ..May I sugest what The Hemp Godess said....collect pollen..if you choped him allready take a clipping off that has a sack and put it in a glass of water in window sill with paper plate under it...Good luck

KEEP M GREEN:D

Afghan#1 said:
Crap Crap crap!!!! Ok ill kill it...LOL
Most people would sound sad. You actually sound quite funny.

Yes. Kill kill kill! :D
btw, I wouldn't kill it. I would just grow it aside not anywhere near the females. It's true you can't do MUCH with it. not good for hashish or smoking, but you might be able to get a few drops of hash oil out of the whole plant in a very long and annoying process (that is if you'd like to do that as an experiment of course. heh :)) that's the only thing the male plants are good for. hash oil (well, that and if you're looking to produce seeds from your females of course, which can be good or very bad. depends how you look at it :p )

And that's how you make the hash oil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKHJYKDTLY

It's funny, but you really can make hash oil from almost anything. trimmings, males, females... don't expect more than a few drops from your male though.

Good luck! (that is if you decide to try it of course ;))

Driphuse said:
Most people would sound sad. You actually sound quite funny.

Yes. Kill kill kill! :D
btw, I wouldn't kill it. I would just grow it aside not anywhere near the females. It's true you can't do MUCH with it. not good for hashish or smoking, but you might be able to get a few drops of hash oil out of the whole plant in a very long and annoying process (that is if you'd like to do that as an experiment of course. heh :)) that's the only thing the male plants are good for. hash oil (well, that and if you're looking to produce seeds from your females of course, which can be good or very bad. depends how you look at it :p )

And that's how you make the hash oil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKHJYKDTLY

It's funny, but you really can make hash oil from almost anything. trimmings, males, females... don't expect more than a few drops from your male though.

Good luck! (that is if you decide to try it of course ;))

Lol Im not really sad but im not happy either. I had a look at the hash making site, mMmM not for me.
I have a mother so I iwll keep pollen from this plant.

Latest posts

Back