Man's first effort at pot-growing goes bust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Thinking it might be a robbery, a woman called the Marion County Sheriff’s Office on Monday to report that two men had driven up in a truck, jumped a neighbor's fence, then came back and driven way.

When deputies arrived that home in the 13000 block of Northeast 251st Terrace in Salt Springs, they discovered it wasn't a robbery.

It turned out John Daniel Dunbar Jr., 21, of Silver Springs, was setting up his first marijuana grow house, according to a Sheriff's Office report. After talking with Dunbar, deputies charged him with cultivation of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to the report, Dunbar answered the door of his white mobile home at 25200 block of Northeast 131st Lane and seemed nervous when deputies asked if he was aware of any suspicious persons or drug activity in the area.

He reportedly gave deputies permission to search the home, and they found three marijuana pipes.

Then they found the makings of an indoor marijuana operation, including buckets, a timer, a thermostat, three marijuana plants and a blower, according to the report. Dunbar reportedly said he was growing marijuana for his own use and that it was his first attempt. He told them he purchased the equipment from someone locally but had been smoking pot since he was 13.

After the interview, deputies took him to the Marion County Jail.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6jllx8

yeah that sounds like that guy couldve avoided that pretty easily.. they didnt even suspect him really..

LOL, I think this is the nightmare scenario everyone pictures once they start growing. Especially 3 plants, he was just doing a personal, poor guy. That's crappy. Yeah, he allowed the search and he shouldn't have, but remember this is not some hardened grower with all the protocols down in his mind for each scenario. He's just some guy who was nervous and reacted when asked. Most people have the mindset to do as the police says. I feel really sorry for him.

andy52 said:
well all i can say is if they come a knocking here,the freakin fight is on.the btchs ain't gettin in my door without a scrap.and the locals know this.

and add resisting arrest to the long list of charges :rolleyes: that'll look good when it comes time to appear b4 the judge.
best to keep mouth shut and go peacefully..it is your right.
Or better yet don't give em a reason to come to your house.

Oh no how can you just open the door and say OK you can look around. That is a big no no just look out the peep hole and don't open the door. Sit back and chill they will go away. they had no reason to be their. But say thank you neighbor for being noisy all in the business before that day probably.

Yeah, and note that even though they only found a thermostat, a fan, a timer and three plants, instead of a grow room it's a 'grow house'. Hmmm.... yeah, it all sounds just horrible. This guy was obviously out to destroy the lives of our young but luckily for us the government stepped in and saved the day. Again. Sleep well.

Mutt said:
and add resisting arrest to the long list of charges :rolleyes: that'll look good when it comes time to appear b4 the judge.

Hey Bro,,I can relate to Andy52,,,if ya been in the trouble with the law twice (Prison),,it dont matter about those other charges,,Its Life without parole.Its called THA *****! So Im with Andy,,they better be ready,,and I mean ready.,,im to old for Prison again.:hitchair:

Mutt said:

It's your right to have your home and possessions free from unreasonable searches and seizures by the government...or at least that's written somewhere in a certain document that's been put through the shredder over the past 30 years.

Latest posts

Back