Marijuana Chemical May Fight Brain Cancer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
The active chemical in marijuana promotes the death of brain cancer cells by essentially helping them feed upon themselves, researchers in Spain report.

Guillermo Velasco and colleagues at Complutense University in Spain have found that the active ingredient in marijuana, THC, causes brain cancer cells to undergo a process called autophagy. Autophagy is the breakdown of a cell that occurs when the cell essentially self-digests.

The team discovered that cannabinoids such as THC had anticancer effects in mice with human brain cancer cells and people with brain tumors. When mice with the human brain cancer cells received the THC, the tumor growth shrank.

Two patients enrolled in a clinical trial received THC directly to the brain as an experimental treatment for recurrent glioblastoma multiforme, a highly aggressive brain tumor. Biopsies taken before and after treatment helped track their progress. After receiving the THC, there was evidence of increased autophagy activity.

The findings appear in the April 1 issue of the Journal of Clinical Investigation.

The patients did not have any toxic effects from the treatment. Previous studies of THC for the treatment of cancer have also found the therapy to be well tolerated, according to background information in journal article.

Study authors say their findings could lead to new strategies for preventing tumor growth.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/d3vapf

To bad this will be the 1st and last time we will ever hear about it. if a drug Co. cant patten somthing it will never happen.

I have a friend that has cancer was bed ridden . Gave her some good bud now she is up getting around the house ,eating and not feeling nauseated .So i really think THC is a cure.:) :cool:

Oh she never smoked pot in her whole life till then!

when will people realize this plant can do some many things, its not just about gettin high anymore.

The problem is the freaken religious PPL that are keeping MJ from being legalized. Nobody else gives a ****. Follow the Bible Belt and look at its laws. God has told them that it is bad,,you know,,the same way he told them to blow up abortion clinics.:rolleyes: Idiots. They are the same PPL that stoned women and burned women at the stake for being so called witches. Gods PPL,,aint they just wonderful and merciful.

No, I know religious people who use it and base their justification in the first chapter of Genesis where God says he gives all green plants with seed to humanity as gifts for food.

The problem is in the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Pharm. companies who banded together to outlaw Marijuana in 1937, and have lobbied since then to keep it illegal in order to create demand for their cancer and disease-causing alternatives.

ha ha, IRONY= Marijuana actually cures cancer

eat that nixon

Yes, it is truly a great cure / therapy for many ailments. It is the tobacco companies that want to give us cancer, alcohol to give us other ailments, and the pharms want to give us their drugs for treatment with side-effects that require other drugs for their treatments.

Marijuana is all you need!

CowboyBudsky said:
The problem is the freaken religious PPL that are keeping MJ from being legalized. Nobody else gives a ****. Follow the Bible Belt and look at its laws. God has told them that it is bad,,you know,,the same way he told them to blow up abortion clinics.:rolleyes: Idiots. They are the same PPL that stoned women and burned women at the stake for being so called witches. Gods PPL,,aint they just wonderful and merciful.

Ha man, no where in the Bible does it condemn the use of weed. It does however list the merits of limited alcohol use, which I'm fairly certain can also be applied to MJ. Also, people who blow up abortion clinics and whatnot are straight up crazy, they aren't religious people at all, but mentally ill/sick.

Common, would it be fair to you if after every crappy thing I did, I yelled out "I'm a huge CowboyBudsky believer and his best bud." Would this make you a bad person or any of your real best buds bad people? Hell no, it would simply be an act of a crazy person wo like to shout out "CowboyBudsky"!

Theres a good list of religious people who are all for tokin. It's close minded people rather, who are keeping the legalization of MJ back, and close minded people come in all religions, races, shapes, sizes, whatever...

I have been told we are in hell now, so I quess I'll stay til the weed runs out. Anybody want to join me, bring your own lighters. Weed and sex if there is anything better God keep it for hisself. Because the fools here can not handle it.

we should try to stay off religion. we all come from different places with many beliefs. its not about what god we do or don't pray to or what book we read from. we are all alike when it comes to mj. theres many reasons why its against the law we just have to share what we know about this wonderful plant with those who don't yet know

That's right: the Bible does not condemn marijuana use, and it was more than likely part of that ancient culture in the Middle East. I bet you Abraham and King David and all the others smoked marijuana. It has been used for literally thousands of years in that region + India, Africa, etc.

If anything, the Bible does condemn alcohol use, drunkards, etc. Alcohol was made by man, but Marijuana is a natural plant.

blancolighter said:
Ha man, no where in the Bible does it condemn the use of weed. It does however list the merits of limited alcohol use, which I'm fairly certain can also be applied to MJ. Also, people who blow up abortion clinics and whatnot are straight up crazy, they aren't religious people at all, but mentally ill/sick.

Common, would it be fair to you if after every crappy thing I did, I yelled out "I'm a huge CowboyBudsky believer and his best bud." Would this make you a bad person or any of your real best buds bad people? Hell no, it would simply be an act of a crazy person wo like to shout out "CowboyBudsky"!

Theres a good list of religious people who are all for tokin. It's close minded people rather, who are keeping the legalization of MJ back, and close minded people come in all religions, races, shapes, sizes, whatever...

You ever hear of string theory and/or unified physics cowboy? They are sciences on the cuttting edge of truth in the world we live in, and are showing that we are physically linked by our smallest particles with strings of energy. The rate at which this string vibrates/oscillatescontrolls how you and I percieve the things the stingsconnect, as mass or energy. This means you me, the sun, pluto, and so on are all of the same piece of energy, only percieved in slightly different ways. Along with this discovery are coming findings such as all time could be happening at one point, we exist in 13 dimensions, so on and so forth. Anyways, bottom line is we are connected and intertwined scientificly to something bigger than ourselves, some kind of huge manifestation of energy. Some feel the need to believe in god because of this (not neccessarily because of these new fact, but from sensing they are part of something much bigger than themselves and the time they live in, or then again because of it too), others take a more nihilistic view of life, needing to see reasoning behind everything, like yourself. There are alot of new scientific findings out there for you to check out and ponder that shed much more light into our reality than there has ever been before. That being said, don't try and cheapen other people beliefs by likening their beliefs to silly Santa Claus fantasies. If you have a problem with someones believes, instead engage them with conversation and your beliefs and see what that person can gain in knowledge from you, or you from them, don't just ridicule their believes, cause that is going to be the only thing more childish than a Santa Clause fantasy.

:eek: OK. I will remove my post. Dont wanna hurt nobodies feelings,,,and YES I have read about it.

Latest posts

Back