Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Medical Marijuana and Big Pharma

Straycat

Active Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
I wanted to post this news article as an FYI. It's not suprising to me as I always figured the reason some of the states have such convoluted medical marijuana laws is that they just haven't figured out yet how to get the cash in the hands of the priviledged few. According to the article while the Federal Government is harrassing and shutting down local legal dispensaries and growers the DEA is quietly handing out licenses (64 to 55 companies) for large scale grow operations. I'll post the link without further comment.

hXXp://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/meet-your-new-pot-dealer-big-pharma/Content?oid=2665515
 

Straycat

Active Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
Straycat said:
I wanted to post this news article as an FYI. It's not suprising to me as I always figured the reason some of the states have such convoluted medical marijuana laws is that they just haven't figured out yet how to get the cash in the hands of the priviledged few. According to the article while the Federal Government is harrassing and shutting down local legal dispensaries and growers the DEA is quietly handing out licenses (64 to 55 companies) for large scale grow operations. I'll post the link without further comment.

/quote]

Just now reading the instructions on posting links on this website. Oops. I hope I didn't screw it up.
 

thomas 11111

Green Mojo To All
Joined
May 10, 2011
Messages
249
Reaction score
14
Just go in and edit your post and change the tt in http to hxxp and everyone will know to change it back when they copy and paste:)
 

Straycat

Active Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
2
thomas 11111 said:
Just go in and edit your post and change the tt in http to hxxp and everyone will know to change it back when they copy and paste:)
Thanks. I tried doing that and it shows in edited box but edit won't stick when I save changes. I will figure it out.
 

Cornelius

Member
Joined
May 26, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I'm really glad you shared this article.
This just proves how corrupt the US government is when it comes to helping "Big Pharma"
 

SPEARCHUCKER

Leavin'ya Bowlegged
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,506
Reaction score
1,081
I dont really have a problem with it. Big business gets hold of it they still need a workforce to create the supply, transport, and distribution. As long as taxable jobs can be created. I just dont care how its done.

Getting to a point where people arnt prosecuted in current "unfriendly to bud states" is the main thing.
 

NorCalHal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
2,675
Reaction score
3,276
Don't kid yourself Spearchucker....they are going to take over and we will all be screwed.
The BEST bet is to create your Medical business, and when Big Pharma comes in to buy everyone out......you get paid.
 

SensiStarFan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
946
Reaction score
61
NorCalHal said:
Don't kid yourself Spearchucker....they are going to take over and we will all be screwed.
The BEST bet is to create your Medical business, and when Big Pharma comes in to buy everyone out......you get paid.
See that is what worries me; Is that they legalize it so that you can buy from big pharma, but keep it illegal to grow it. That way you HAVE to buy it from them. It is just what the government does. You can buy a lottery ticket in any gas station in the country, but you can't play poker online anymore because uncle sam isn't getting a cut. You can buy all the alcohol you want but it is illegal to make moonshine in your bathtub. That is what is going to happen with MJ if they ever fully legalize. They will make it so that you can not just grow it, that would prevent uncle sam from making tax money. Or they make you buy a growing license and pay fees, something like that. I will never be able to just grow in my backyard and not have to pay someone to be able to do so.

Oh yea, and the second big pharma gets control over MJ, they are going to do the same things to it that tobacco growers do to their tobacco. They are going to cover it with pesticides and cancer causing chemicals to increase yields.

-SSF-
 

NorCalHal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
2,675
Reaction score
3,276
Don't think for an instance that Big Pharma will not take over. Acreage allready bought in Mendo by Big Pharma.......

See...here is how it works.......

Say your grow nets you 100k a year.....Big Pharma comes in and offers you 1.3 mil for your grow. Now, you sell and they have you sign an agreement stating you will no longer grow commercially.
Then they go to the next guy..........

As Long as you have an MMJ business that is legit and following the rules and paying Taxes (that's for your Roddy!), then you WILL be bought out, as Big Pharma has all the money in the world.


Big Picture folks. Get in before you get burnt.
 

SensiStarFan

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2011
Messages
946
Reaction score
61
NorCalHal said:
Don't think for an instance that Big Pharma will not take over. Acreage allready bought in Mendo by Big Pharma.......
I really do agree with you, which is why I am surprised that I have not heard more about big pharma pouring money into MMJ legislation....unless they are doing it all very quietly.

-SSF-
 

Erbal

Cheeky Green Monster
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
164
Reaction score
10
SensiStarFan said:
I really do agree with you, which is why I am surprised that I have not heard more about big pharma pouring money into MMJ legislation....unless they are doing it all very quietly.

-SSF-
I don't think Big Pharma actually supports MMJ. They are creating a drug based off of MJ, but in a unique patentable form that keeps them in control of it. They won't need MMJ to market the drug since most doctors will be bought off to recommend their drug over MMJ and others doctors will recommend it because it is a drug in pill form and not a plant, which they were taught to believe is bad.
 

Latest posts

Top