Mexico moves to decriminalise drugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
It seems the Congress has just passed the first stage of decriminalising MJ, cocaine, and the opiates. Pretty much everything, really. Of course MJ has already been semi-legal for a while in Mexico City thanks to AMLO (the mayor). The previous president, Fox, started this procedure but then that b___ Bush put the kaibosh on it with all sorts of threats apparently.

Like the MJ. Dont like all that other stuff though.
Wonder if they are just tossing out everything in hopes that just the minor stuff gets through. Or if they really mean everything.
Kinda a deal where the US is going to jump in again with, "No, well give you the pot but thats it."

Who are the US to tell another country what they can do on thier own soil. I swear we (the USA) need to stop acting like we are here to police the world. we need to let Mexico legalize what they want then maybe the US will see just how stupid these MJ laws are.

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Like the MJ. Dont like all that other stuff though.
Wonder if they are just tossing out everything in hopes that just the minor stuff gets through. Or if they really mean everything.
Kinda a deal where the US is going to jump in again with, "No, well give you the pot but thats it."
I don't like the other stuff either but I am for personal freedom, do whatever it is you want to do in your hom or whatever. If you kill someone while hopped up on pcp, then you should go to jail for murder. Too many laws telling us hat we can and cant do even if it is on our property, it makes me sick.

yeah isn,t this suppose to be a free country!

look at how their Goverment is run so much corruption.

yea-true that. my wife and i were just talking about it yesturday. it doesn't matter what obama or any other politician comes up with to solve the "economic crisis". the crisis is that whatever laws and/or regulations are passed, big business and corporations are just gonna spend enough money to get around them. *sigh*--smoke em if ya got em

In no way does my last post mean I am for legalization of any drug other than MJ.

TEG and Cannabiscotti I am 100% with you on the corruption. Anywhere you have people in power there will be, and is coruption. I think it just simple human nature. it takes a better person to not let power corupt you.

thats really crazy and this is supposed to stop them? or just let them all have tons and make money together guess we'll find out

I think they are thinking along the lines that if it is legal then it would take the value of the drugs away there-for making the drug market profit collapse. IMO it won't really work this way since the rest of the world still has these drugs illegal.

I just wish MJ was not lumped in with the rest of the drugs. it has been around for thousands of years and not one death nor have I ever seen a pothead do the crazy stuff you would see a crack head, smack jockey, or any other hard drug addict do for there fix. At the most they maybe get a little cranky when they run out of MJ.

Making Drugs legal in Mexico,:rolleyes: ,hell I didnt know they were illegal in Mexico to Mexicans,;), just Americans going into Mexico to party.:D

The Mexican Cartels are running that Country and thier Politicians. So its already as legal as the Cartels need it to run thier Business and the Politicians with thier Millions of Amercan Dollars. I still dont see how thats gonna hurt the Mexican Drug Cartels. They are not selling to Mexicans,,they are selling to Americans. All thats gonna do is make it easier for them to move drugs thru Mexico to sale to Americans in America. Course,, maybe that will put more presure on Mr Laugh It OFF Obama in the US to do something to curb Cartel Sales in America now,,who knows. Cause all they are doing by making drugs legal in Mexico, is made it easier for the Cartels to move drugs thru Mexico, to other Countries now.

I never thought of it like that CB.

I have only been to Cozumel once that was all tourist. Although I did try to find a bag when I was there but couldn't find anyone who sold it. at least I was able to get good Tequila :rofl:

CowboyBudsky said:
Making Drugs legal in Mexico,:rolleyes: ,hell I didnt know they were illegal in Mexico to Mexicans,;), just Americans going into Mexico to party.:D

The Mexican Cartels are running that Country and thier Politicians. So its already as legal as the Cartels need it to run thier Business and the Politicians with thier Millions of Amercan Dollars. I still dont see how thats gonna hurt the Mexican Drug Cartels. They are not selling to Mexicans,,they are selling to Americans. All thats gonna do is make it easier for them to move drugs thru Mexico to sale to Americans in America. Course,, maybe that will put more presure on Mr Laugh It OFF Obama in the US to do something to curb Cartel Sales in America now,,who knows. Cause all they are doing by making drugs legal in Mexico, is made it easier for the Cartels to move drugs thru Mexico, to other Countries now.

they got tired of getting swept up with rifles they probably want to stop the wicked murder rate i am mexican so i have lost family to that war dead and in prison hopefully they make it legal so they can let the drug offenders out wouldnt be nothing good if they die of that swine flu

EASTLA_KUSHSMOKA said:
they got tired of getting swept up with rifles they probably want to stop the wicked murder rate i am mexican so i have lost family to that war dead and in prison hopefully they make it legal so they can let the drug offenders out wouldnt be nothing good if they die of that swine flu

The Drug Cartels were not killing PPL over there because Drugs were illegal. They are killing for control of the Drug trade. That will not stop the killing because Mexico makes drugs legal. Purtty much all thats about is Mexico tellen America,,,NOW its your problem Mr (I think its funny Obama.);)

CowboyBudsky said:
The Drug Cartels were not killing PPL over there because Drugs were illegal. They are killing for control of the Drug trade. That will not stop the killing because Mexico makes drugs legal. Purtty much all thats about is Mexico tellen America,,,NOW its your problem Mr (I think its funny Obama.);)

yeah but think of all drugs legal it'll lower police death rates but theres going to be a war no ones ever going to forget this is mexicos way of being able to chill out drink a cold one let them do there own thing
your 100% right about them dropping heat on obama

Latest posts

Back