Michigan's medical marijuana profit: $8 million

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roddy said:
Call me a wimp, but I did as much time as I wish to, any law changing I attempt will be lawfully! ;)

Oh I ain't runnin to get caught either ;) Jail sux. bologna and ramen noodles from the canteen. uggg.

Roddy said:
Methinks thou protests too much.... ;)

Reading your rant tells me you have no clue what I post....maybe read some of them and then protest more?

:doh: I almost don't know what to say about this response.

I have read your posts concerning this area and drew a conclusion from them. That conclusion is that you think MMJ allows people to do the following;
Open dispensaries and make tax free profits.
Gives an avenue for 'drug dealers' to take advantage of the sick.
Allow an area of 'sanctuary' within the law for 'criminals' to hide behind.
Gives people access to MJ who have 'false' or 'unreasonable' complaints to obtain an MMJ script.

I based my post upon those conclusions from your posts for a debate about your opinions in hopes of two things.
1) I want to understand your position better. From my perspective, your stance is rather odd for me to understand. You grow, you support legalization, and yet you have posts that give me the above conclusions. To me, that seems illogical.
2) I want you to have a better understanding of where I am coming from and view things.

Roddy said:
He said right off that I am against MMJ....against legalizing MJ for that matter. Either he has no clue as to my posts or he's arguing to argue. Yes, exactly how I'll respond.
This right here tells me you either did not read my post or you did not understand my post. I never said you were against MMJ, or legal MJ. What I said was;
Erbal said:
You support legalizing MJ, smoke MJ, but do you have an MMJ card?
If I write responses to long for you to read the end, let me know, I can make them smaller.

Erbal said:
If you really want to see MJ legal, then fighting MMJ until it is will be counter productive.
Seems to me, you think I am fighting MMJ...wouldn't this mean I am against it? As you posted...and I read.

Open dispensaries and make tax free profits.
Gives an avenue for 'drug dealers' to take advantage of the sick.
Allow an area of 'sanctuary' within the law for 'criminals' to hide behind.
Gives people access to MJ who have 'false' or 'unreasonable' complaints to obtain an MMJ script.

Aside from the tax-free...in some areas and cases....I think you got it:

Yep, the caregivers who are supposed to give care for their sick aren't doing so...in some cases. One of mine came to me after her caregiver gave her mexi-dope from the streets...and is caring for 5 patients and can grow 72 plants. And yep, she was waiting 4 months for that!

Criminals aren't hiding behind this law and profiting?? A new one on me.

False is correct. I believe I quoted D-man who posted what his doctor told him?? My first doctor never even took my bp... Unreasonable?? It's unreasonable to have to break a law to smoke....

What is illogical about wanting people to at least give a semblance of following the law so we are taken seriously and can advance to full legalization? If you were a skateboarder and the signs say don't do so on the courthouse steps, but here's a nice park for you, you can have the park as long as you act responsibly...wouldn't it irk you when some "renegades" decide screw the law, we're not getting enough? Of course, there's ALWAYS those who say screw the law regardless....

Erbal, I didn't just make up reasons to complain, I am reporting based on what I've seen in my area. Dispensaries selling immature meds for bigger profits is common in this area. Dispensaries selling seedy dope for big bucks...sad! Worse yet, you have people buying it...ouch! Caregivers selling their goods and buying street dope for their patients....this complaint has come to me from several people about multiple caregivers. I could go on.....

And sorry, almost forgot to comment on last quote....Erbal, if you were reading my posts, you'd KNOW I have an MMJ card... ;) I based my thought that you weren't reading my posts on that comment as well as some misinformed as above.

roddy.... AGAIN... you're registering a lOT of the same complaints that I had only two years ago. Give it some time to work itself out, it "will"... ;)
Those ripoff clinics/disp' will fold and better will spring up to take their place. Prices will reflect an abundance of mj as well.
The consumer will "weed" out the undesirables :p and the market will adjust.

I considr myself an 'outlaw', but not a criminal..;) I "refuse" to abide by, or submit to unjust, unfair laws. I believe it my civic "duty". I grew and smoked pot before mmj was ever a term. There was NO such thing. Now I am allowed refuge behind mmj legislation. Do I "need" it?.. maybe not. I'm not a terminal AIDs patient, or suffering from cancer. But I 'do' want/need the right to make my own decision on partaking of it, providing for myself, and accepting the responsibility that comes with it.

personally, I'm against legalization, taxation, and regulation. Where there's money, there WILL be corruption.
Decriminalize it, stop throwing ppl in jail for growing it. In a couple of years, that kid on the corner won't be able to give his crap weed away, let alone make huge profits off it. I think of it like zucchinis or tomatoes. Around here, come late July, someone is always trying to "give" me a big bag of squash or produce of some kind. Can you imagine?...;)

I hear you, Hick, I do!

It's good to know these aren't false complaints as some would have me believe...and look forward to when these complaints are no longer.

Against legalization...for decriminalization?? Difference?

Now I am allowed refuge behind mmj legislation. Do I "need" it?.. maybe not. I'm not a terminal AIDs patient, or suffering from cancer. But I 'do' want/need the right to make my own decision on partaking of it, providing for myself, and accepting the responsibility that comes with it.

I firmly believe if you are taking a prescription medication for a problem, you should qualify for MMJ. I do not take any prescriptions, but only because they do damage to my stomach and I would rather live with the pain....or smoke.

I think there are a lot of people who have never smoked or haven't smoked for quite some time. When they start to understand the difference between kind bud and reg. weed, things will change. And what hick said. :)

Edit: You also have to apply some " ying and yang " into the equation. IMO.

Well this is a hot topic.

In my opinion there are two major questions here:

1st - Who is eligible for MMJ.

2nd - Should MJ be available to all.

I live in a country where the possession of small amounts is not a crime ( minus 10gr ) but cultivation is. That said is hard to me to accept your (USA) new look to MJ when you (USA) were the MAJOR cause of proibition and criminalization and most countries of the world destroyed thousands of lifes because of it.
Most of you use MMJ and perhaps you really don't need it. But who is anyone to say who needs and who don't MJ ? MMJ you can say who really needs. I think that was the intention of the law makers. But if i lived there i would had a card. Because i wouldn't want to go to jail to have my a$$ nailed by a huge black dude.
MMJ is going to be acquired by the companies. I bet on that. If we all around the globe don't fight for the possibility of free choice for us all we will always be outlaws or criminals based the place we are.

It has to be separeted really well the MMJ from the MJ. Then they regulate the producers, sellers and product for recreational uses like tabbaco or alcohol or they allow ppl to grow a maximum numbers of plants and fight the traffic.

I don't want to offend anyone here. I like to be here :hubba:.

Great thread man. We all see the times changing......

Hick.....you made my week bro. I gotta say man, CO came into the scene fast and caught right up. I know a lot of vendors that roll to CO and tell me the scene is the same as here.

Profits......lol. I am from da old skool man. Me Personally, I am stayin on the "white" side of the "grey" line with my MMJ businesses. Following all State laws and employing 5 folks along with myself and my wife. We are all legally makeing a living and paying taxes on our income.

Roddy, you would cry if I told you what I legally make....cry....and call me a profiteer. What you don't know is the 16 hour days I put in 7 days a week. I havn't had a day off in a year.

But back to "profits". I just came back from Mendo. It again made me realize that Mendo TRULY grows for the NATION. I see 10's of thousands of pounds comin'....friggin crazy bro. These folks have been doing there thing up in the hills for the last 30 years. It supports the WHOLE community and many cities around them. Most folks that live up there are involved in the Biz. Most of the growers abide by the "plant" limit, but have just advanced thier growing technique and are able to produce 5-7 p plants . Add that up with a 99 plant script and you will start to see the amount "legally" grown.

Now, that same herb is going to all other 47 states. Does that now make Mendo a county full of "criminals" in your eyes? I don't see it that way at all. I see pioneers doing what needs to be done.

Back to big Pharma. You think when they take over YOU will be able to grow your own legally??? Heck no. It will be made an offence to grow once they come in. All that we have worked for the last 13 years will be gone. There is nothing we can do about it. Period.
New Jersey is the deciding factor. NJ is allowing only a few dispensaries that control all aspects of the industry. They HAVE to grow what they sell and cannot take in herb from everyday folks. So, this means that the folks who are going to be given the permits will be allowed to basically control the market, as they are required to ONLY sell what they grow.

Know who the heck do you think will get the permits?? Everyday folks like us? Some sick Cancer patient who wants to help folks? No.

It's Big Pharma. Mark my words.Look into who has applied and is being considered to operate the Dispensaries. Makes me sick. Once they establish in NJ.....we are all doomed. They will roll out this model across the US and take over the MMJ Industry. They will do it, as they have all the money in the world.

And if you don't think Money has it's place in MMJ, you are only fooling yourself......

Once they take over, it will be ILLEGAL once again to grow for yourself.

I reread Hicks and Roddys last posts....and it gave me a little more understanding.

Hick is correct man, he "debated" with me too when MMJ was first legalized in his state. He did have the same concerns as Roddy. I said the same things I am saying in this thread as I did in 2 year old threads discussing this same argument.
And it all came true. I am not saying I know it all, I am just SUPER in tune with the market, as I have been doing this professionally for 12 years, and fully following the "law" the last 3. Why I say 3 is 4 years ago the Ca State attorney general came out with operating guidlines defining how we can operate.

I think that Mi just jumped on the bus a little late, thats all. the changes will happen and the market will readjust.

Bottom line....folks want thier herb...with a MMJ rec or not. I am a souljah....I will provide my wares to those that want it while following a loose ruleset meant to be pushed.

NorCalHal said:
it will be ILLEGAL once again to grow for yourself.

just look at the alcohol prohibition repeal. It's illegal to distill (and carries a harsh penalty if caught...comparable to a cocaine charge) and limited on beer making. and is regulated by the feds and even has it's own military style force aka the ATF. They scare me more then the DEA. They are some serious jack-booting violent guys...up their with ICE in their processes. Got them on your tail you are screwed.
I can see it now ATF becomes the ATFM

It's the "BATFE" npw, "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearm and Explosives" ... and sounds more like it should be the name for a convenience store rather than a government agency..:p

Mutt said:
just look at the alcohol prohibition repeal. It's illegal to distill (and carries a harsh penalty if caught...comparable to a cocaine charge) and limited on beer making. and is regulated by the feds and even has it's own military style force aka the ATF. They scare me more then the DEA. They are some serious jack-booting violent guys...up their with ICE in their processes. Got them on your tail you are screwed.
I can see it now ATF becomes the ATFM

Anyone can go to Wally World and buy a home brewing kit....right off the shelf, no script needed! Many of these people are even able to make a living selling their brews.

Truly people, you all said you grew before MMJ and are now crying that MMJ will be taken away and no more growing?? Sounds like a bit of worry for naught...or did we all lose stomach for breaking that law (some say pioneering??)! :D I understand some will lose their way of living....legally....but I don't see the sky falling just yet!

psst....don't get all panty-wadded, just yanking your chains. but, think about it....

Hick said:
It's the "BATFE" npw, "Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearm and Explosives" ... and sounds more like it should be the name for a convenience store rather than a government agency..:p

Really??? Wow....

I'll tell you something else, will be darned hard to stop people from growing since more and more are learning how, equipment is more readily available etc! IMHO, at least.....

Truly people, you all said you grew before MMJ and are now crying that MMJ will be taken away and no more growing?? Sounds like a bit of worry for naught...or did we all lose stomach for breaking that law (some say pioneering??)! :D I understand some will lose their way of living....legally....but I don't see the sky falling just yet!

I still don't have mmj in my state :p
You just wait dude. Mark our words. If Big Pharma gets it, it will be just like opium. Natural unadulterated opium has no where near the same side effects as synthetic opiates yet is the purest form of it for pain managment. It is illegal for dr. to prescribe it, illegal to grow and harvest it, illegal to have any derivative without FDA/DEA approval.
It would not surprise me in the least if they do get it that it will be synthesized into a pill slapped with acetaminophen to cause undesirable side effects. The only reason its not happened yet is the feds have not changed the schedule.
When someone presents a statement like that...it makes me look at history, and history shows this is EXACTLY what can happen.

bho_expertz said:
Well this is a hot topic.

In my opinion there are two major questions here:

1st - Who is eligible for MMJ.

2nd - Should MJ be available to all.

I live in a country where the possession of small amounts is not a crime ( minus 10gr ) but cultivation is. That said is hard to me to accept your (USA) new look to MJ when you (USA) were the MAJOR cause of proibition and criminalization and most countries of the world destroyed thousands of lifes because of it.
Most of you use MMJ and perhaps you really don't need it. But who is anyone to say who needs and who don't MJ ? MMJ you can say who really needs. I think that was the intention of the law makers. But if i lived there i would had a card. Because i wouldn't want to go to jail to have my a$$ nailed by a huge black dude.
MMJ is going to be acquired by the companies. I bet on that. If we all around the globe don't fight for the possibility of free choice for us all we will always be outlaws or criminals based the place we are.

It has to be separeted really well the MMJ from the MJ. Then they regulate the producers, sellers and product for recreational uses like tabbaco or alcohol or they allow ppl to grow a maximum numbers of plants and fight the traffic.

I don't want to offend anyone here. I like to be here :hubba:.

I'm afraid it's the lawmakers who have the final say in who "needs" MMJ. Sadly, if lawmakers perceive misuse and open disregard for the laws, it may very well be a bad thing for all of us.

Michigan is already reviewing the guidelines for applications in hopes of stopping the "perceived" misuse. This is a lot of what I have been complaining about.

Mutt said:
I still don't have mmj in my state :p
You just wait dude. Mark our words. If Big Pharma gets it, it will be just like opium. Natural unadulterated opium has no where near the same side effects as synthetic opiates yet is the purest form of it for pain managment. It is illegal for dr. to prescribe it, illegal to grow and harvest it, illegal to have any derivative without FDA/DEA approval.
It would not surprise me in the least if they do get it that it will be synthesized into a pill slapped with acetaminophen to cause undesirable side effects. The only reason its not happened yet is the feds have not changed the schedule.
When someone presents a statement like that...it makes me look at history, and history shows this is EXACTLY what can happen.

I'll worry about that if and when it ever happens...in my lifetime?? Doubtful at best! :D

Roddy said:
I'll worry about that if and when it ever happens...in my lifetime?? Doubtful at best! :D
if there is a way to screw it up the feds are sure to find a way ;) and very likely in our lifetime. Abuse is the big topic...first thing feds will do is to try to regulate it. No way they want states controlling that. Feds want to control everything...centralist govt. model.

If junkies had enough energy they would be growing their drug of choice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back