Microscope from Radioshack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitocorleone

MuscularGermanCyborgJew
Reaction score
I bought that $11 microscope from Radio Shack so I could check my plants to see when they're done..... but I can't get it to work! I can't see anything through it!

Does anyone know if there's a trick to this thing or what? How many inches above whatever you're viewing are you supposed to hold it? I could really use some pointers on this...... I can't get it to work!

This is the one I'm talking about:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...kw=microscope&kw=microscope&parentPage=search

Thanks,
Vito

Set what you're looking at on a flat, dry spot on a counter or table.

Then, turn on the light on the microscope and put it directly on top of what you want to look at so that it's in the middle of the clear circle at the bottom of the scope.

Now, while looking through the lens, slowly turn the focus until you see a bright, very magnified image.

Try something like a hair or a bit of bread. It only takes a speck.

Move the scope a tiny bit at a time until you see something in the lens.

You have to have the light on the scope on, or you'll not see anything.

Alright..awesome....thanks for the step by step.....

I just tried it and I noticed that the light on my microscope was broken.......I'm going to pick up another one and hopefully I'll get it to work....

So, Stoney, would you say that these microscopes from radio shack work well? Like are they easy to use and is it something you use every couple of weeks/months when it is time to harvest? Thanks...I'm just trying to see if maybe I should invest in something a little more expensive or if this one will do the job....

Peace,
Vito

So, Stoney, would you say that these microscopes from radio shack work well? Like are they easy to use and is it something you use every couple of weeks/months when it is time to harvest? Thanks...I'm just trying to see if maybe I should invest in something a little more expensive or if this one will do the job....
I use the exact same one and it is great.

vitocorleone said:
Alright..awesome....thanks for the step by step.....

I just tried it and I noticed that the light on my microscope was broken.......I'm going to pick up another one and hopefully I'll get it to work....

Peace,
Vito

They work excellently. You did put a battery in it didn't you? It doesn't come with one...

That's the same one I have. I like it. It took me a bit to get used to it, but it works great now that I know how to use it.

Thanks guys...I'm going to stick with this one since it seems to work for you guys it should be able to work for me.......

Latest posts

Back