MOISTURE on a LEAF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanehduhbuz

Reaction score
:stoned: just went up to check on the girls + saw it again ( at least twice previously). moisture on a leaf, a top leaf sitting about 16" away from a very intense lite source - absolutely no way it was accidently splilt, watering was 30 hours ago - the plant is "crying" - has anybody encountered this before? it doesn"t seem to be affecting them, but who knows.:eek:

Is it really humid in your room? I know moisture sometimes forms on plants when I have them under a humidity dome(such as a coke bottle).

Leaves force out water usually late in the day through there stoma i think. I think it has to do with them turning tward the light sorce. I forgot everything from school we had. Slim
Hey nomad i grew up in north miss are you anywhere near there. And also do you have any cudzoo close by if so mj will grow huge planted in it but you have to cut it every couple weeks to keep it from taking it over. The cudzoo from taking over the mj that is.

That usually happens when a leaf is touching another and a combination of low air circulation and heat is present. Usually this does no harm and is considered normal.

TGT

tks all for your input - i dont no if humidity is a factor - whatever the outdoors is doing is what the plants are doing, leaves/stoma - sounds good, but tom thumb has certainly nailed it. the girls r very close together overlapping in many areas, air circulation is low - because i blow the air directly onto the lite source trying to keep the hot air circulating around the bulb + up into the reflector hood then back onto the tops - i will increase the speed of the fan + seperate the girls more . i should probably move the lite higher - about 16" centre of bulb to tops . tks again

kanehduhbuz said:
tks all for your input - i dont no if humidity is a factor - whatever the outdoors is doing is what the plants are doing, leaves/stoma - sounds good, but tom thumb has certainly nailed it. the girls r very close together overlapping in many areas, air circulation is low - because i blow the air directly onto the lite source trying to keep the hot air circulating around the bulb + up into the reflector hood then back onto the tops - i will increase the speed of the fan + seperate the girls more . i should probably move the lite higher - about 16" centre of bulb to tops . tks again

To much humidity and no air flow can cause bud mold, be careful

longtimegrower said:
Leaves force out water usually late in the day through there stoma i think. I think it has to do with them turning tward the light sorce. I forgot everything from school we had. Slim
Hey nomad i grew up in north miss are you anywhere near there. And also do you have any cudzoo close by if so mj will grow huge planted in it but you have to cut it every couple weeks to keep it from taking it over. The cudzoo from taking over the mj that is.

Ive been all through northern mississippi, lets just say I also live in the northern part of a southern state :p

Kudzo runs rapid through some of these parts, there are none of it in my immediate area tho. I bet it would be a good way to hide the plants.

Latest posts

Back