Music and growth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richy-B

Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure everybody is aware that playing music or singing to your plant helps with growth or health.;) I don't think it's just a myth. Since I created a playlist for my plants to listen to they have perked back up, like when I use to play them music. My playlists consits of alot of Bob Marley:2940th_rasta: music and Pink Floyd.:headbang2: Anybody have any scientific proof or their own suggestions?
going to bed. I'll check out all the responses tommorrow!

Might give it a try, no harm done, if the plant doesn't enjoy it at least i will :D

Hey dude, you can't go wrong with the Floyd, and maybe try some War, or the other extreme some bluegrass to bring your babies home, "AKUS"

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

What U Smokin???????????????????????????????

I play music for my ladies and they seem to love it.I think that there is some thing on the net about this about the vibrations of the music.I'll do a little looking around and see if I can find that,then post it here.:D

They tested it on MythBusters and its true that sound somehow helps your plants grow

Go to google video and you can find the episode

its called Mythbusters - Plants and Music

ceps nj said:
They tested it on MythBusters and its true that sound somehow helps your plants grow

Go to google video and you can find the episode

its called Mythbusters - Plants and Music
I watched that episode. The results were inconclusive.

Yeah, there was already a big article on this site where everyone was talking about it. I think it was Stoney Bud that said it was wrong. Plants dont have ears, the only way that music would help is yes, the vibrations. But not just any vibration, it has to be a single solid vibration, that would also have t be extreamly loud and close to your plants. Playing bob marly or PF wouldnt work. tunes changes, notes go up and down, the sound vibration that is needed never stays consistant enough for the music to do any good. Sorry guys, i love Floyd just as much as you all but, they aint helping my growth.

"It is possible for a plant to respond to the vibrations accompanying sounds. A short bibliography at the bottom of this page gives you some references...but to almost "nothing to report." I emphasize again that while there ARE responses to sound/vibration in plants, there is NO controlled study published on the MUSICAL TASTES or MUSIC APPRECIATION by plants in reputable journals."

This is taken from: http://plantphys.info/music.html

I found this post made by Stoney Bud awhile ago. I suggest reading it.

:stuff-1125699181_i_ <--- ***?

Wow! What a response!:holysheep: I appreciate all the evidence thrown my way and do respect the opinions of others. So, please respect my desicion to keep letting the music play on!!! :headbang2: I do have a killer sub cannon on my computer speaker setup. May be they can feel that vibration? Don't know, but I swear my plants have perked up since I stopped playing the hard rock and rap and started playing Marley and psychodelic music!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

HYDRO333 said:
What U Smokin???????????????????????????????
The real Blueberry! Mason jars and all. Always the best!
:yeahthat:

It's only Rap and Rock that hook em up...Supposedly
LoL Beat up the Grow Box!

Richy-B said:
Wow! What a response!:holysheep: I appreciate all the evidence thrown my way and do respect the opinions of others. So, please respect my desicion to keep letting the music play on!!! :headbang2: I do have a killer sub cannon on my computer speaker setup. May be they can feel that vibration? Don't know, but I swear my plants have perked up since I stopped playing the hard rock and rap and started playing Marley and psychodelic music!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey man, you do what ever it is that you think helps your plant. If you think the music helps then so it does. I think it helps mine by talking to them, wich in a way is the same thing. But you do have to remember, no ears, no brain = cant tell what music it likes.

it is so hard to beleave!!! is this something that is scientificly proved???? who is up for it???

I taught my Aurora to play the dulcimer. We jam at feeding times on tuesday.

im sure talking to the plants help because they are feeding off your breath

there is one thing that is scientifically proven, its good to play music in my growroom because I like it

I keep a bong in my flowering area as "motivation", but I'm not sure it's helping.

raoulduke2.0 said:
I taught my Aurora to play the dulcimer. We jam at feeding times on tuesday.
is that a lap dulcimer or a hammer dulcimer

Latest posts

Back