My Deep Water Culture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someguy

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
well was waiting to get a nice camera to start my journal, but since i spent just as much on my new setup design and tds meter, my crappy camera will have to do

For starters - http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24233

was having obvious problems, so switched over to dwc - http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26111

this is where i am now -
-gotta a 400w hps
-average temp 87f, 20-30% humidity in direct light (feels like 70 at top of plants with my hand)
-using distilled water
-supernatural nutes (17-7-18)
-just started a tad of FloraBlend vegan compost tea
-2 gal buckets filled a gallon each ( to about bottom of baskets)
-any exposed root pretty much fully submerged
-just the plug the clones came in and rocks
-24 hour lights
-5" air stone discs blown by a 60gal+ air pump
-gotta new hm tds/temp meter

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE BEST/EASIEST/CHEAPEST WAY OF CALIBRATING THIS METER? and which calibration option i should be on, KCI, 442, NaCl?

0530080844.jpg

0530080844a.jpg

0530080844b.jpg

0530080846.jpg

0530080910a.jpg

0530080910b.jpg

0530080910.jpg

ya i think the thermo reads hot. there were time in my previous grow that it read over 100 but no way in hell was that hot. lady didnt even show signs of heat stress.

white buckets. not a good idea.
cover them or use black.

in some of those pictures i kinda can see
through your buckets.. seems translucent.

You should get your air pump up off the floor. The air pump needs to be above the level of the bucket top. Million air pumps are easily mounted to the wall. Ditto on the advice re black buckets. Any bucket color that allows light to penetrate will allow algae to grow. Nice looking setup.

dump some h2o2 in there, mix depends on h202 strength, the stuff at walgreens you put on cuts(3%) at 1tsp per gal and you wont have to worry about algae, keeps roots sparklin white and everything else cleaner too JMO. i got 3 therm's in my room and i go with whatever2 match

lyfr said:
dump some h2o2 in there, mix depends on h202 strength, the stuff at walgreens you put on cuts(3%) at 1tsp per gal and you wont have to worry about algae, keeps roots sparklin white and everything else cleaner too JMO. i got 3 therm's in my room and i go with whatever2 match

Just be careful that your nutes can be used with H2O2...it kills all bacteria even the good stuff.

I had a hard time finding black buckets at any othe place besides Worm's Way and I refuse to pay their price for a bucket. I saw the white ones at Lowes which I opted against... I found the Orange buckets at Home De-Pot. They still seem to let a slight bit of light in, but I have not any problems with algae or radical pH changes, They seem to be fine and for 4 buck or so @, not a bad price.... black ones at WW were twice that price.

Latest posts

Back