need advice on overnute problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterboy420

Reaction score
hi guys and gals, just been reading up quite a bit and had a couple of quick questions. From the diagnostics part of these threads i have determined that I have overnuted my plant. I have some leaves that are yellowing at the tips and some have yellow spots on them. some on the top cola are curling down like eagles claws. all in all the plant does not look to bad, i am trying to catch the problem early. It does not seem to have done much in the last week and a half or so. i am flowering in 12/12. i have been flowering for 4 weeks i am using beastie bloomz and liquid karma. i am watering about every 3 days and my girl is in a 5 gal container. I made the mistake of following the wrong feeding guide and have feed 1/2 tspn beastie bloomz every feeding for about 10 days. also feed with 12ml liquid karma. When I noticed the problem I flushed with 3 gallons of water foreach of the last 2 watering cycles.

my question is from how i have described the plant does it sound like nute burn? Do I have to continue flushing untill I notice it growing again or do you think I can safely start on cha-ching at half dosage? How long do I have to wait for my plant to respond to the flushing and start growing again.

I have limited time to work with. I have no choice but to harvest in 4 weeks. Going to have company for the holidays need to be done before than.

thank you in advance for any and all advice given.

forgot to mention 400w hps, ph at 6.0-6.5. grow room 3'x3' hydro hut. temperature 85 degrees, plant is 48" tall.

thanks again just some more info to tryh and help solve this problem.

I believe I heard that for every gallon of soil you have you need to flush it with equal parts water.

5 Gallons of soil = 5 Gallons of water should do the trick.

Don't mark my words though I am a bit off the know how at the moment and working on refreshing.:cool:

ok... I might be wrong, but to my understanding, you want to flush your soil (only need be done once) with straight water untill the run-thru comes out clear (more or less) - it will come out looking like urine and get weaker the more you flush thru.

then, I would give 2 straight-water waterings. Now, you can continue on with your feeding schedule - in your case, I'd only do the half recommended dose like u talked about. I'm not familiar with your brands of ferts, so I can't comment on it, really.

this is how I take care of a nute burn... but then, people could say I'm a tool and give many reasons why. :rolleyes:

hope you solve the prob, at any rate. smoke on, friend.

Thanks alot guys i really appreciate your help. This morning I went ahead and flushed one last time with five gallons of water. I figured flushing one more time cant hurt. I tried to flush untill the water running out was clear. It was definetly mostly clear. I will go back to my regular nute schedule of every other watering, starting with next watering at half the recomended dose.

Any idea when I might notice a change for the better? I hope soon I am on a limited time schedule. Anyway thanks again for your help.

That Crazy Vancouver Guy is absolutely right; flush until clear. You might want to just check the ph of your run off now and maybe adjust it.

I have had a similar issue and get them to get back on track by giving very small amounts of nutrients after the second or third watering with just water.

Sounds like you got it handled anyway

Hey everybody, I just wanted to give an update and ask for some more "professional" advice hehe. I have been flushing for the past 2 weeks and it has not seemed to make a difference in growth. I still have not given any additional nutes but it seems I am at a stand still.

Do I wait untill I notice a growth difference before I give additional nutes or do you think it would be ok to go ahead and nute at half potency.

Please help I need to water today and need to know what you guys think I should do. first time I overnuted and I feel a little lost.

wish I had pics to post it seems to have gotten worse before it is getting any better. But do to screw up on feeding schedule and symptoms shown on leaves burnt I still feel it ws nute locked and maybe still. I dont think it should be, I had to have flushed about 20 gallons of water threw her and the water was clear last time i watered.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again to all who have tried to help.

Ok heres the part that im sure was left out is that you should have only flushed your plants soil ONE-TIME and then let the soil dry out and IMO by thenyou will have seen some new growth. your going to have to let it dry-out totally before you can do anything. Check the pH of your soil too once the top few inches are dry to be sure you havent caused nute lock to it. For more on that look here ----> [thread=9396]MPGrowGuide[/thread] :bong2:

thanks d-man I will let it dry out completely before I water it.

When I do water it should I use straight spring water or give nutes at half strength??? I am using Fox Farm cha-ching.

By the way I know you said to only flush once, in 2 weeks I have flushed about 5 times with water at ph 5.5-6.0. :eek: ooops guess Im done flushing..

Another quick update. I pulled some dry soil out of the top of her 5 gallon bucket, put it into a smaller container and poured spring water untill it drained than phd the water draining and it came out above 7.5....

Can high ph 7.5ish cause nute lock out or stunt growth???

I usually ph the water before watering what shoud I lower the ph to before watering to get the ph back down to 5.8???? maybe 5.0???

It is completley dry now, the container is extra light need to water today, please help.. thank you in advance.

Wow, man that pH is way high MJ likes her soil to be between 6.3 and 6.8 but no higher than 7.0. try making up a gallon of water with 1 table spoon of vinigar in it and use this water to water with and your pH will go down by about half a point over the course of the water&vinigar use test soil again once the pH is back under control you should be alright.

Thanks d-man I did exactly what you said and the run off was about 6.0-6.5. I have watered again since than and the runoff was high again so I added 1/2 tblspn vinnegar to 1/2 gallon of water. I hope it is coming back down.

I was wonderin since I am on such a limited time frame should I cut my light back to like 10/14???? I have no choice but to harvest 2 weeks early, I have company comin over for the holidays. No way around it..

Latest posts

Back