New Mexico : Panel Decision on MMJ Ailments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Bitersweet for me. I truly believed today would be the day of some BIG changes here in New Mexico. Although several new illnesses are being considered, the big ones are not. Depression was denied as a qualification and Chronic Pain was tabled, meaning they need more information before considering it, it will be discussed again at a future meeting. Maybe a step in the right direction, but not the leap I guess I was hoping for.

Panel considers cannabis
for more uses

Last Edited: Thursday, 15 Jan 2009, 12:17 PM MST
Created On: Thursday, 15 Jan 2009, 12:16 PM MST
  • Reporter: Crystal Gutierrez
  • Web Producer: Devon Armijo
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Post traumatic stress disorder, nerve pain and Hepatitis C could soon be added to the list of ailments treated by medical marijuana in New Mexico.
On Thursday, petitioners asked a medical group to recommend the use of medical marijuana for several other ailments.
Medical marijuana became legal in New Mexico in July 2007.
There are currently seven qualifying conditions for acceptance to smoke marijuana in the state.
The petitions were heard by an out of state medical group.
So far four of the 17 ailments petitioned Thursday will be placed on a recommendation list that will go to the secretary of health for approval.
Many of the petitioners said that the recommendations are step in the right direction.
"It helps her cope and it gives her relief from pain. And how could we deny that for anyone with something as safe as medical marijuana," medical marijuana supporter Stephen Hunt said.
The panel has tabled some ailments including chronic pain. They said some of the tabled ailments need to be further researched.
The use of medical marijuana to treat depression was denied by the panel.
206 people in New Mexico have been granted medical marijuana licenses since the law took effect in 2007.

hxxp://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/health/health_krqe_albuquerque_panel_considers_cannabis_for_more_uses_200901151216

yea i 2 am disapointed but it is a step in the right direction for sure.

Latest posts

Back