Nirvana NL week 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2theGame

Reaction score
I have 2 plants in a 3x3 tent. I use a scrog. One of my plants began to change colors slightly about a week ago, or at least thats when I first noticed it. I have a sunspot 600W hps with a lumatek balast, technaflora nute line, rh is about 30%, temps soar into the 90's at night for reasons beyond my control, and My other plant is fine. What went wrong? Why is my bud dry and crackling and powdery in the middle on one plant and not the other? It seems like a disease because the branches are mingled together in my scrog with the other plant that is unaffected. What a way to blow almost 3.5 months of my life :( And maybe someone can fill my in on why the heck they took 15 weeks and are just now fully cloudy. Thanks.

Pics please....15 weeks of flowering for NL is crazy. I thought it was an Indica leaning strain? Maybe you got a Sativa pheno?

I do not have my camera :/ I thought this was supposed to take 8-9 weeks and that 15 weeks was nuts as well. Yes it seems to be a sativa pheno very small thin leaves. Anything I can tell you that would help in the diagnosis? Other plant is 15 weeks and healthy as can be. But I just looked at the trichs and they are not even 100% cloudy on this plant. ph is at 5.5 ppm is at 1374. Thoughts?

Hydro I am guessing? No light leaks during flower? Did you do any trimming in flower that might have slowed them down? I am not a hydro guy but isn't 5.5 on the low side? The few times I have done hydro I start my ph down there but let it slowly rise to around 6 before dropping it again and repeating.

Yeah at 5.5 you are at the very bottom of the window for nutrient uptake.

Nutrient_Chart.gif

I would try and sit at 5.7-5.8. Or let it drift toward 6 and then reset it. jmo

i don't think it will help this time around but that chart is sweet ty for that... im just going to chop them down. I have plants in my veg tent that have been ready for a month. I'm assuming your saying I didn't provide the proper nutes via my ph range, thus stalling my grow and developing bud rot? :( Why just the one plant though? They are both from seed perhaps just different but they are both the same looking pheno

I don't think bud rot would have anything to do with nutrient uptake. That is usually a humidity and/or ventilation problem. I am just trying to figure out why your flower time was so long. Trying to think of things that my delay it other than it being a sativa leaning pheno. 15 weeks is long for even a Sat leaning hybrid. Pure Sativa yeah but hybrid? Not likely.

also your rh at 30% is too low. they like it between 40-60. i like to keep mine at about 50% and they seem to love it. just an added opinion. not saying that is your problem. bud rot is usually from higher rh over 60%. I dont know if you foliar feed these gals but id steer clear of that once the buds get pretty large they tend to hold water and start to rot. IMO

the high temps plus the low humidity, if your plants are close to the light i would say your buds are just drying out, ive had it happen to me under the same situation, main cola started to get powdery on one side, and spongy almost, no rot or mildew anything, just dried out from the heat.

Is it the entire plant or just the tops of the bud, the color change could be light bleaching which would make sense.

Extended high temps 85 or above causes the temp within the leaves to climb to an excess of 110 degrees, causing the internal chemistry of the leaf to be disrupted. The manufactured protiens are broken down and become unavailable to the plant. As the internal temp of the leaves climbs, they are forced to use and evaporate more water, about 70% of the plants energy is used in this process.
With the high temps I would guess you have some air ventilation issues with your tent setup. Lack of ventilation: leaves are stifled and unable to function, causing poor consumption of water and nutrients.

Latest posts

Back