no cigs in bars/restraunts but pot ok.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must agree with the cig situation. I hate cigs and never saw the point. Its just a way to make money and kill. If America took some ideas from oversea countries maybe we wouldnt be so ignorant. Now when i say we i say our leaders because if people with straight heads on there shoulders that where in office just to make peace and happiness then life would be much better my friends. Sorry for the rant. Marijuana was widespread in US befor they saw that they couldnt make a quick buck of of it because you cannot patent marijuana. All for money MP. And MJ in not legalized because the drug/pill corporation would fall in Marijuanas shadow because MJ cures alot more with less side affects unlike pills which cause more problems then your trying to cure when you slip it into your mouth. Peace and love to all

I still say its ignorant that you cant smoke in a bar the restaurant i can hang with but lets get real here smoking and drinking have been hand and hand for many many moons. and i know quite a few "non-smokers" that will light up faster when they are tipsy but will say they never light up a butt when they arnt out to the bar. its ludicrous to think that people refuse to fight against all the restrictions that have been set in place because of the push to make smoking look like crap. Its a choice if you want to smoke or not and you should be allowed to make that choice where ever you are in/out doors doesn't matter i am of age and i paid the (outrageous) tax on the pack of smokes so let me enjoy them where i please, after all i cant stand health food so what do i do i don't go and be around health food shops , i don't raise the tax on it and then tell you you can only eat it in designated areas and not around others who are trying to enjoy their mad cow flambé.

2400 deaths per year are linked to second hand smoke

Cigarette smoking is perhaps the most devastating preventable cause of disease and premature death. Approximately 60,000,000 Americans smoke...including 18 percent of adolescents age 12-17. In fact, most new smokers are teenagers, particularly girls.

Tobacco use causes more deaths each year in the United States than AIDS, alcohol, cocaine, heroine, homicide, suicide and motor vehicle crashes combined?

Smoking is a major risk factor for heart disease, lung cancer and chronic lung diseases-all leading causes of death?

Each day, 6,000 persons younger than age 18 try their first cigarette, and more than 3,000 of them become daily smokers? One thousand of these young people will die of smoking-related causes.

Direct medical care costs from smoking total at least $50 billion each year?

P.S
Nothing towards people who smoke but IMO i wouldn't want to be around it either. Im not trying to play mom or dad just worried about everyone who was sucked into the ads and commercials of death

im aware of all the bad facts of smoking. i'll even agree they are completely true. but im not really inclined to quit, mainly because since i started on my amazing 2-pack-a-day habit ive lost almost 60lbs. i can understand not smoking in restraunts because while i may not have a problem smoking and eating i know other people dont always like it... but i should be allowed to smoke in bars if i want to damn it! luckily where i live the law says that if a certain percent of total sales is from alcohol, you can smoke. cant remember what percent, but it means i can still go to the bar and get trashed and chain smoke. as long as i can do that im fine.

and a running joke with me and my guys is that non-smokers are just jealous because they dont know how they're gonna die.

cookie said:
and a running joke with me and my guys is that non-smokers are just jealous because they dont know how they're gonna die.
Sorry cookie but dont agree. The government made all those things to make money and all that does is hurt people. Have respect for your body. I know we all die but in teh coming years youll see what im saying and hopefully will think of this thread when all the lies and tales get dropped onto the floor for all to see when our country and leaders break down. Ill keep my opinions to myself about your so called death solutions.:holysheep:

Heres the real culprits behind the death in cigs not the tobacco or the industry its the additives that are used to cure, process, package, and preserve the product that are more contributory to the related premature deaths that you speak of. Cigarette smoke contains over 3,000 chemicals: Most of them are rather nasty such as:

Nicotine - insecticide and used in cockroach and other insect killing products
Formaldehyde – used as a fluid to embalm dead bodies
Hydrogen cyanide – rat poison
Acetone – dissolves certain substances and commonly found in nail polish removers
Hydrazine – used in rocket fuel

As for the under age users thats a whole different subject, this is what happens when there is not enough control over who can and cant get their hands on a pack of smokes.

This country would have had tons more problems in getting established if it wasn't for the tobacco industry and will not be able to survive if the powers that be eliminate the industry all together.

Its still a choice if you want to smoke a cig or not and sure there are those that choose not to, but just because you don't want to smoke doesn't give you the right to tell me that i cant smoke where I'm doing business the same if not more than you, a smoker is better for the economy than a non smoker for many reasons first on the list is that we are putting more money back into the economy just for buying the pack of cigs, and we know its a multi-billion dollar a year industry. Most interesting is that it costs about 71 cents for Phillip Morris to produce one pack of cigs and has a suggested retail price of $1.25 but last time i checked the prices a single pack of smokes is just under $5 a pack thats $3.75 going right to Uncle Sam, and he picks his favorite kids to nurture and say even though we pay for what we want we cant come and play where his kids are we have to stay away, Land of the free my hind quarters. your only free to do what your told and god forbid if you get caught doing anything other than that, because they will punish you to the most extream they can. Its a known fact that in jails and prisons across the u.s. had in-jail violent crimes go up by 240% when the ban was put in place, and bars and resteraunts reported a 70% decrease in sales in the first 3 months and that has only slightly made a come back its still down 55% vs when people could smoke in the bar.

I have to agree with dubbaman. Even before I smoked cigarettes I respected people's right to smoke when and where they wanted to. Most of the restaurants and bars where I am from lost a considerable amount of their customer base when NYS banned smoking. A couple even closed down. Most bars in my area turned to private clubs when the smoking ban was started. I can't find anywhere within 100 miles where I can go to have a beer and enjoy a cigarette after work unless it's a private club where memberships cost money.

Fortunately, I'm a short distance from a tax-free environment which sells name brand cigarettes at half price and 100% additive free Indian cigarettes for only $10 a carton.

mal_crane said:
Fortunately, I'm a short distance from a tax-free environment which sells name brand cigarettes at half price and 100% additive free Indian cigarettes for only $10 a carton.

Lucky that Native American brand here is still about 35 a carton. though i still only have to spend 15 on my can of tobacco for the month those couple of pack a month can hurt when i don't feel like having to roll it up.

back to the thread starter i think its great that Holland gives the :aok: to the long glorious tradition of burning a hooter in the bar, some things just should never change.

i wish i was in holland,,, i KNOW i could put these darm criggs down forever,,,, but with our laws they 2 sec most dangerous drug legal and alcohol is the 1st

thats just my thoughts

cookie said:
i never said it was a good joke. lol. in fact, its kind of awful. and i know. trust me. i know.

haha no, you are wrong. it is a great joke. lol, got me laughing :D

YEP THEY NEED TO HURRY UP AND PASS THE LAW ON SMOKING WEED IN OUR STARBUCKS.

Dubbaman said:
Heres the real culprits behind the death in cigs not the tobacco or the industry its the additives that are used to cure, process, package, and preserve the product that are more contributory to the related premature deaths that you speak of. Cigarette smoke contains over 3,000 chemicals: Most of them are rather nasty such as:

Nicotine - insecticide and used in cockroach and other insect killing products
Formaldehyde – used as a fluid to embalm dead bodies
Hydrogen cyanide – rat poison
Acetone – dissolves certain substances and commonly found in nail polish removers
Hydrazine – used in rocket fuel

That is why you should grow your own. For a Pack-A-Day habit, you need to grow about 80 plants per year.

I've been growing my own tobacco for about 5 years now. I smoke a pipe, not cigs, and I don't smoke that much so I only grow about 15 plants per year and that gets me through.

Dubbaman said:
Its still a choice if you want to smoke a cig or not and sure there are those that choose not to, but just because you don't want to smoke doesn't give you the right to tell me that i cant smoke where I'm doing business the same if not more than you, a smoker is better for the economy than a non smoker for many reasons first on the list is that we are putting more money back into the economy just for buying the pack of cigs, and we know its a multi-billion dollar a year industry.

I say great for Holland...but cigs????? At least you're going to a place to get high, they could have death rooms for cig smokers only... :D

I find it hard to believe in this day and age we have people so willing to give up the rights and health of others. It's a proven fact second hand smoke kills, so just because you spend money or do business in the same place I do that gives you the right to kill me? I do have the right to tell you not to. That is just plain ignorant. You guys should know better to even take this argument, shame on you.

So you feel you have the right to kill me while you drink, I should be able to unload my 45 on you then, fair is fair, my way is more humane even, quicker and not a slow death like cancer...wait I know, you get cancer and you you can get medical MJ...hmmm, that's real bright.

So money dictates whether it is OK to kill others? Another stupid idea, how can anyone think this is a good argument? Are you guys teenagers? Early twenties?.... cause I'm sure you're not mature adults with that kind of thinking.

Face it guys, smoking harms you and everyone around you when you smoke. You don't have that right to harm others and any argument you give is pointless, it's human life we are talking about and just because it's a bar and used to be OK doesn't make it right. Smoking anywhere should be banned and we would live just fine without the tobacco industry. Did you vote for Bush?

Do us all a favor, smoke in your home, your car - alone and just kill yourself, you don't have the right to effect others health because of your stupid habit you haven't got the sense to quit.

I'ma Joker Midnight Toker said:
At least you're going to a place to get high, they could have death rooms for cig smokers only... :D
they did say in the articl that there were going to be seperate rooms for this.

I find it hard to believe in this day and age we have people so willing to give up the rights and health of others. It's a prov en fact second hand smoke kills, so just because you spend money or do business in the same place I do that gives you the right to kill me? I do have the right to tell you not to. That is just plain ignorant.
Truth be told it would be the proprietors choice who they preferred to cater too so the stand point needs to be if they want to have a smoking or non smoking place of establishment not who is doing what to who's health. sure 2nd hand smoke is harmful and the way so many (uhem) go on and on you'd think it was worse than smoking the cig to begin with, either way its still not your place to tell me that i cant have one where and when i choose.
id go over the rest of it too but its obvious that your one of the many who have fallen for the propaganda shoved at you here lately that says its going to kill everyone if we cant get people to quit. Its a load of crap all the way around. This particular product built this nation the way it stands. it has been known for years that it is harmful when mixed with all the additives to preserve it, tobacco in its natural state like MJ is 95% harmless. its the agents in the cigs that are the problems and thats where you get confused. most of my family has been and still are smokers for many generation and sorry to say it but non of them have had any of the listed health problems from smoking, and most have all lived into their late 70s and 80s i have a great aunt still kicking now that has smoked 3 packs of Salem's a day for 65 years, I'm sure their were other brands too but thats the only one i can remember it ever being, and shes 92. smoking is something that if you do in moderation and have generally good health it just may not kill you. Hell my last full physical for insurance (life) had to include x-rays of my chest and the Dr. that performed them asked me if i had ever smoked when i said i have been for 22 years he told me there was no sign of it in my lungs, no damage what so ever. Its when you already have bad health habits e.g. too much fast food, no exercise, etc. and heavy heavy smoking can you really do yourself harm. It just amazes me at how many people just up and think that just because they don't do it and cant see why others may want or enjoy to they have the right to protest it being done around where they may at some point end up, it so simple if you don't like the way the rabbit gets treated at the dog tack don't go and place bets.

Dubbaman said:
they did say in the articl that there were going to be seperate rooms for this.

Truth be told it would be the proprietors choice who they preferred to cater too so the stand point needs to be if they want to have a smoking or non smoking place of establishment not who is doing what to who's health. sure 2nd hand smoke is harmful and the way so many (uhem) go on and on you'd think it was worse than smoking the cig to begin with, either way its still not your place to tell me that i cant have one where and when i choose.
id go over the rest of it too but its obvious that your one of the many who have fallen for the propaganda shoved at you here lately that says its going to kill everyone if we cant get people to quit. Its a load of crap all the way around. This particular product built this nation the way it stands. it has been known for years that it is harmful when mixed with all the additives to preserve it, tobacco in its natural state like MJ is 95% harmless. its the agents in the cigs that are the problems and thats where you get confused. most of my family has been and still are smokers for many generation and sorry to say it but non of them have had any of the listed health problems from smoking, and most have all lived into their late 70s and 80s i have a great aunt still kicking now that has smoked 3 packs of Salem's a day for 65 years, I'm sure their were other brands too but thats the only one i can remember it ever being, and shes 92. smoking is something that if you do in moderation and have generally good health it just may not kill you. Hell my last full physical for insurance (life) had to include x-rays of my chest and the Dr. that performed them asked me if i had ever smoked when i said i have been for 22 years he told me there was no sign of it in my lungs, no damage what so ever. Its when you already have bad health habits e.g. too much fast food, no exercise, etc. and heavy heavy smoking can you really do yourself harm. It just amazes me at how many people just up and think that just because they don't do it and cant see why others may want or enjoy to they have the right to protest it being done around where they may at some point end up, it so simple if you don't like the way the rabbit gets treated at the dog tack don't go and place bets.

Yes Dubba,
And a number of people have survived a parachute fall without a good canopy above their heads...you gonna jump without one?

It's proven fact, indisputable that smoking kills you...PERIOD. Some may dodge the bullet but only a few. You failed to mention besides your aunt who is still kicking that hundreds of thousands aren't kicking, they are dead because of smoking. If it is the additives how many grow and roll their own???.... very few and certainly not enough to matter.

"It just amazes me at how many people just up and think that just because they don't do it and cant see why others may want or enjoy to they have the right to protest it being done around where they may at some point end up"

You amaze me with that archaic thinking.
What are you thinking?. You cause harm to others because you are too ignorant not to smoke in their space...pure and simple. It doesn't matter what this country was or is brought up on. We had slaves too, do you want them back? We grow and hopefully learn. What was done in the past is just that, it doesn't make it right for the future. If you have to make things fit for you, rationalize off all that doesn't fit your habit, well that's your limitations and stupidity. Do you feel good every time you blow smoke and it hurts others?... cause that's what you are doing. It amazes you that this may bother people? Kill yourself, not others.

Dude to even argue this shows how ignorant one is of all the info that's available. This is proven fact that smoking kills and especially second hand smoke...are you that ignorant to admit this? Get a clue dude...

"id go over the rest of it too but its obvious that your one of the many who have fallen for the propaganda shoved at you here lately that says its going to kill everyone if we cant get people to quit. Its a load of crap all the way around."

Back it up man, don't make empty assumptions...some refuse the truth while others ignore it...the smart learn from it...quit and live longer..or at least don't hurt others on your way.

You amaze me with that archaic thinking.
What are you thinking?. You cause harm to others because you are too ignorant not to smoke in their space...pure and simple. It doesn't matter what this country was or is brought up on.
One i never said i go and smoke around others. my wife is a non smoker and we have kids so i enjoy my cigs out back because i know of what second hand smoke can and is said to do. your blinding your self with facts and rates so much that your blind and its also a choice that you make before you would walk into some place that is designated for smokers so you have no reason to complain if your the one that doesnt smoke in a smoke filled area. 99% of the problem with the bars and how smoky they were getting is from poor maintence of filtration if they were to use the ventilation and have it serviced regularly there would be your clean air for you and we could still have or smoking where we are. Closed, single mindedness to any and everyones feelings is ignorant and you are really getting on my last nerve calling me ignorant for thinking that i DONT have a right to choose what i do and where i do it cause i do,m thats your ignorance right there your telling me what i can do and where i can do it that is the problem, by someone stepping in and saying that were not allowed to do this has taken away our right to choose what we can do, POINT BLANK.

Dude to even argue this shows how ignorant anyone is who agrees or argues this point. This is proven fact that smoking kills and especially second hand smoke...are you that ignorant to admit this?
And yet here you are still (what you call) arguing the point. It is not proven fact that smoking kills if that were true someone would die any and every time they were to light up, its PROVEN to cause complications in health that MAY cause death. And did you know for someone to have health issues from second hand smoke has to spend YEARS and YEARS living in it for it to really effect them.And you sit there feeling all high and mighty spouting your non smoking propaganda again and have the nerve to call me ignorant, when your the closed minded, left wing, benighted, one trying to (yet again) force your opinions on someone that you disagree with. I say smoking is an individuals choice and those that choose not to smoke have NO RIGHT to tell me where and when i can or cant smoke. IF you dont like it because im sitting in a bar where (or when) it is/was allowed then you have stepped into the wrong place to have a drink head on down the street to the oxygen bar and pull up a mask.

Dubbaman said:
And yet here you are still (what you call) arguing the point. It is not proven fact that smoking kills if that were true someone would die any and every time they were to light up, its PROVEN to cause complications in health that MAY cause death. And did you know for someone to have health issues from second hand smoke has to spend YEARS and YEARS living in it for it to really effect them.And you sit there feeling all high and mighty spouting your non smoking propaganda again and have the nerve to call me ignorant, when your the closed minded, left wing, benighted, one trying to (yet again) force your opinions on someone that you disagree with. I say smoking is an individuals choice and those that choose not to smoke have NO RIGHT to tell me where and when i can or cant smoke. IF you dont like it because im sitting in a bar where (or when) it is/was allowed then you have stepped into the wrong place to have a drink head on down the street to the oxygen bar and pull up a mask.

:yeahthat: :goodposting: :clap: I AGREE 100%!!!! :clap: :goodposting: :yeahthat:

Latest posts

Back