Oh the humanity!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spliffy McWeedyCakes

Reaction score
Walked out for a quick checkup on my first attempt at an outdoor grow to find one of the lower branches broke off close the ground of the main stalk. I assume some pet or critter:( Stalk on the broken branch was as big around as a sharpy, main stalk BIG for its 3 foot height.

Anyway, here is my creative side in action....looks nice:)

Hope that plant doesnt sustain too much stress this late in the season, I am still not seeing any signs of sex.

100_1501 (Large).JPG

100_1500 (Large).JPG

Bummer bro. At least she looks healthy still!

My dog ran through my patch earlier this year and busted two plant's stalks at their base chasing a rodent. It's kind of a bummer, butin years past she has eaten pots filled with seedlings. So, remember, it always can be worse...

dman1234 said:
but its in a vase of water

lol....the plant is still in the ground outside and seemingly healthy (should I worry????), I just tossed the broken stalk into a vase and water....prettier than roses....although my wife begs to differ my opinion;)

Besides what else could I do with veg growth leaves??? Pot salad with almonds, pecans, and ranch dressing?

Bummer on the broken branch... Put that thing in a bubbler! It will give you some roots in 10-14 days and you'll have a nice little plant...

Peace!:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
Bummer on the broken branch... Put that thing in a bubbler! It will give you some roots in 10-14 days and you'll have a nice little plant...

Peace!:cool:

Don't know anything about cloning. Could you elaborate?

Thanks

daddyo said:
easy way.
stick an air stone in the vase.
lil fish pump on the counter.
a voila - instant bubbler.

:clap:

I assume I can pick up these items at Wally World? Only store I have nearby. Also, has the broken branch suffered any damage sitting in the vase and tap water for 36 hours?

It may also root in the vase but I think you have to cover it so no light gets in the water. Or yeah go to walmart in the pet department and find the small fish tank pump- $7 and the airstone- $3. I use this and it works well for one clone.

you may wish to "clean cut" the base,
nice 45 degree angle :)

daddyo said:
you may wish to "clean cut" the base,
nice 45 degree angle :)

When I initially found it broke off, the stem at the broken point had that light colored "skinned" over look that all plants get after breaking and sitting. My guess is that it sat broken off lying on the ground for 6 plus hours.

I immediately took on the 45 degree cutoff approach about an inch above breaking point into fresh stem. Figured thats what we all do with roses when we buy them before placing into a vase.

I am also going to 45 degree another inch higher as soon as I get a stone and pump. Could it hurt it?

Buy vitamin B-1. I have rooted cuttings from Home Depot B-1 in the past. Just follow directions on bottle. Or make your way to a hydro store and get some coning root hormone!

they will do that in clone. Clip the ends of the leaves so it will concentrate on rooting. It may still grow or at least show sex.

no just the tips of the leaves, maybe three or four serrations down.

bummer, oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

good luck with the next grow. :)

:cool2:

Latest posts

Back