ok, now im mad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

city

Reaction score
alright, my wife had told me about a bit on History channel.
watching it now on utube
Really pisses me off...
MJprohabition was actually a race issue more than it being a drug. it was legal for med use at one time.
errgggg i cant even type about this im so mad.
It started as a ban becasue of black violence in in the south. and to get rid of the mexicans in the south west.
Anslinger was head of the Narcotics unit in the Prohabition era.he wanted funds to keep his job and this was his only hope because it was growing everywhere.
this just makes me mad.
they even did a 4 yr study on mj and found nothing that backed up the facts.the mj they got for the study was from Anslinger and once they posted the report He got mad and pulled mj from them and closed the study.

maybe our president should watch this and all of his puppets!
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yqyx0pCIHA

Yes it was at one point very much legal and we had a vibrant hemp industry. It was pushed more from the standpoint of the hemp industry taking over the logging industry in terms of paper production..... Sooooo a rumor was concocted and pushed through about how this "hemp" causes blacks and mexicans to lose control and act crazy.

As the old aphorism goes, "Don't get mad. Get even." Or, more to the point, get active. Get energized.

I've been smoking since I was a teen (which, I've got to tell you, was quite a while ago.) This is the first time in my life I think we're got a really good shot at some sort of legalization/decriminalization. It's first and goal. We all need to gear up for the ultimate score. (Okay, that was a really strained analogy, but you get my drift.)

Sorry, this just felt right.

Kyle: George toked weed, man?

Slater: Absolutely George toked weed, are you kiddin' me, man? He grew fields of that stuff, man, that's what I'm talkin' about. Fields.

Kyle: He grew that **** up Mount Vernon, man.

Slater: Mount Vernon, man? He grew it all over the country, man. He had people growin' it all over the country, you know. The whole country back then was gettin' high. Lemme tell you, man, 'cause he knew he was onto somethin', man. He knew that it would be a good cash crop for the southern states, man, so he grew fields of it, man. But you know what? Behind every good man there's a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and every day, George would come home, she'd have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he'd come in the door. She was a hip, a hip, hip lady, man.

city said:
alright, my wife had told me about a bit on History channel.
watching it now on utube
Really pisses me off...
MJprohabition was actually a race issue more than it being a drug. it was legal for med use at one time.
errgggg i cant even type about this im so mad.
It started as a ban becasue of black violence in in the south. and to get rid of the mexicans in the south west.
Anslinger was head of the Narcotics unit in the Prohabition era.he wanted funds to keep his job and this was his only hope because it was growing everywhere.
this just makes me mad.
they even did a 4 yr study on mj and found nothing that backed up the facts.the mj they got for the study was from Anslinger and once they posted the report He got mad and pulled mj from them and closed the study.

maybe our president should watch this and all of his puppets!
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yqyx0pCIHA

I can't believe you just found out about this. At first Anslinger wanted nothing to do with MJ prohibition because he thought it was below his status as a beurocrat.
It was some news paper magnate from California ( the guy that built San Simeon ) that pumped him up and convinced him fighting a weed that would never disappear was the best way to insure a never ending budget for his department.
After Anslinger left the Government he stopped on a bridge in upstate NY, looked down and saw hundreds of MJ plants along both sides of the river. He said he never felt more depressed and advised, then mayor of NY Theo Laguardia that they were wasting time and money trying to stop it from being used by the jazz club patrons.
Laguardia said publicly that MJ prohibition was a failed program and should be abbandoned. For this recognition of wasteful spending he was threatened by the federal government with the removal of all millitary bases and federal prosecutors offices. Unfortunatly he folded.:cry:

cubby, do you mean Hurst?

good info about the past..but the problem nowdays is the cops...how many jobs and how much money ie fines, court costs, atty fees would the local and state gov`t lose...look at the dare program...it`s a bad program and studies show that it doesn`t effect the overall use of mj...but the leo doesn`t want the program to end because of the jobs and gov`t money funding for the programs so it exists and puts out false info the all the little kids...just so some leo can have a job so he canget to retirement..I too would like to see things change but not holding my breath.

420benny said:
cubby, do you mean Hurst?

That's the guy, William Randolph Hearst. He was a supporter of the Nazi party and a total racist. He especialy hated Mexicans who where most commonly associated with weed. It's believed his hatred of Mexicans is because during the Mexican revolution Poncho Villa took close a million acres from the Hearst family that they owned in Mexico.

Actually Jonnneyb. It cost states alot more. A cop doesnt want to waste his time, stuck in a court room, over some piddly little possession charge.
It eats up tons of resources and money for each state to do so.
Fines and court cost arent even a drop in the bucket when you look at it being 20+ thousand dollars, per year, per inmate to house them. (In my state its 24k per inmate, but have heard that in California, its near 50k per when you figure in the new prisons being built, updating, and everything else.)
My state had 19,600 pot arrest in 07. Some its costing that 24k to house as an inmate. Some get off with probation or less (I would guess about half with a simple possession of a small amount). And some might have to pay small fines of 500-1000 or so. We lost 500 teachers from my county. And why? Cause all the states money is eatin up elsewhere.

JonnneyB said:
good info about the past..but the problem nowdays is the cops...how many jobs and how much money ie fines, court costs, atty fees would the local and state gov`t lose...look at the dare program...it`s a bad program and studies show that it doesn`t effect the overall use of mj...but the leo doesn`t want the program to end because of the jobs and gov`t money funding for the programs so it exists and puts out false info the all the little kids...just so some leo can have a job so he canget to retirement..I too would like to see things change but not holding my breath.

I don't think the resistance to legalization is about the money or leo's jobs, there will always be criminals. As far as attorney fees the state more often than not pays for both the prosecutor and the public defender. Add to that the cost of incarceration the gov. isn't making money from MJ laws.
The reason Mj is kept illegal is because there is a certain proportion of society that believes they have the moral or "god given" responsibility to tell the masses how to live their lives.
Anything that is viewed by the powers to be as freeing of ones mind or soal is quickly criminalized and draped with an aura of taboo.
Decriminalization of Mj is seen in the same arena as personal rights ( gay rights, minority rights, womens rights, ect,ect,ect). Anything that threatens to wrest even the minutest modicum of power from the hands of government or organized religion must be demonized.

Alright Cubby. I admit it I'm a little behind on causes.. ya I'm just finding this out...
And ya my mom was a cop before she got hurt and I knew a lot of officers that thought that MJ laws were stupid. They have to enforce them because its law.. and they mostly looked the otherway if they could..
Other officers are just jerks and think they will change the world one ticket at a time..they get off on the power trip.

city said:
Alright Cubby. I admit it I'm a little behind on causes.. ya I'm just finding this out...
And ya my mom was a cop before she got hurt and I knew a lot of officers that thought that MJ laws were stupid. They have to enforce them because its law.. and they mostly looked the otherway if they could..
Other officers are just jerks and think they will change the world one ticket at a time..they get off on the power trip.

I totaly agree with about how differently cops can approach Mj laws.
I've known some cops who look at minor possesion as an opportunity to mess with someone for the simple pleasure of a power trip, and others who will tell you to dump it on th ground and rub it in, then just say "have a good night".
In my experience older cops just don't seem to think it's worth the aggrivation. Especialy if the smoker is older and not causing any problems they usualy just look the other way. They don't need the trouble of running someone in just to get them a little fine (they have to show up in court as well and most would rather not)

yea I agreethat if you jail someone it costs alot for the gov`t..but in my small town they don`t jail for pot under 40 grams...they fine ya $750 to $ 1000 and give you community service for a 100 or so hours..fine you for the atty costs and the court costs...they have drug dogs come to every and i mean every traffic stop...they goet ten to twenty mostly teenagers every week...that means lots of money for the city coffers.

Latest posts

Back