Old growth brown tips, new growth green

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type_S150

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Ive always had this same problem when growing, and we are having a hard time figuring this problem out. We are using black gold soil and we added a little dolomite lime. We are starting week 3 of flower today.

The problem is at the tips of the old growth- the tip starts to yellow, then it eventually tirns brown. All our new growth (about the last 2-3 sets of leaves at the top) is green. Anyone know what causes this? Im worried that this will keep spreading up the plant. We gave mild flowering nutes the last 2 times we watered. You think we should use plain water this time, or feed nutes again? My friend wants to keep giving food because he thinks they are starving. his reasoning is that the old tips are brown and the new growth is green. We are both pretty green to all this, so any help would be really appreciated.

did it start at the bottom and spread up? i would say flush it with water to try to stop the nute burn if infact thats the problem

but i'm new to this

GeoffTheMess said:
did it start at the bottom and spread up? i would say flush it with water to try to stop the nute burn if infact thats the problem

but i'm new to this
Thanks. It doesnt seem to be spreading, as the new growth is very green. The only reason why we think it may not be nute burn is because this problem seemed to start before we gave nutes. We got these plants as clones and all seemed pretty healthy.

Latest posts

Back