? on what t-5 bulbs to use in flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 8 bulb 4 foot t-5 fixture. That's 40,000 lumens that I'm using in a 2 x5 space with 10 plants. It's in my closet and I have hight limitations. I'm wondering if I should use 3000k bulbs in all 8 slots or if I should mix half and half or what. I'm at the end of week 2 of blooming and have been using all 8 3000k but they are growing so fast I won't have room in a week or so unless I start tying the tops down. So what are your recommendations on light bulb ratios and also What could I do about my height issue?

This is my first time growing and I didn't realize how fast these plants could grow. I started from clones and vegged for about 2 weeks until they were about 12-14". now the tallest plant is 22" and I can only raise my light maybe another few inches before I'd have to modify my closet which I'm not wanting to do since I'm renting an apartment.

Tie them down bro...
Don't wait too long...
Not much difference which light you use...

sunblaze 48? use half red and half blue (4 each) full spectrum, all the way thru, it supposed to help the overall plant strength

I think that's what I have. I got it from a hydro shop. I put half and half in it today to see how it goes. They grew pretty hardy in veg when I had em on all 8 6500k bulbs.

red in veg, helps build the node sites..... atleast thats what I was told:eek:

Latest posts

Back