OR. Couple Claim Neighbor's MMJ Smell Makes Them Sick

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
url: hMPp://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/02/oregon-couple-reportedly-claims-neighbor-medical-marijuana-smell-makes-them/

Oregon Couple Claim Neighbor's MMJ Smell Makes Them Sick

An Oregon couple reportedly claims the noxious smell of their neighbor’s medical marijuana plants are making them sick.
Gloria Peterson, of Portland, wants city officials to intervene and do something about the strong odor, KATU News reports.

“They're too close,” she told the station. “They're way too close for this to be happening. There needs to be some sort of zoning regulation that there has to be some sort of distance, I believe, between a marijuana grow and a neighbor.”

City Hall officials, as well as the Portland Police Department, the Department of Environmental Quality and Multnomah County Health Department all said on Monday that they couldn’t do anything about it.

According to Portland City Code, no person “shall burn upon any premises or in any street, alley or other place, any animal or vegetable substance which shall create an offensive or noxious odor.”

Police officials referred the station to City Hall, which then sent reporters to the Multnomah County Health Department. A spokesperson there said inspectors investigate stinky smells, but not marijuana. The county health department then referred the station back to police.

Roughly 53,000 people carry medical marijuana cards in Oregon.

The neighbor is complaining about the grow smell, the code that is referenced is for burning:confused2: Neighbor squabble more likely.

But there again. They had farmers around here post signs telling people they are in an agriculture area and that dust and debris is a bi-product of agriculture. The next sign down the road was a Farmers feed America sign.:D

probably wont share:p....allays pisses off me nieghbors:D

I know that feeling. Got stationed in Louisiana. Whole place smells like corndogs. Just the nonstop smell of corndogs in the air.
Its nice for like the first 5 mins. But gets old quick.

I wonder if they even asked the neighbor if he could do anything about it or just went straight to the cops...? It seems to me the cops could have been avoided.

If you have a neighbor that close unless she is just a complainer and its not the growing smell, their smelling. There is no excuse not to have stellar filter/ventilation set up. It's not that much of a cost when done right. Long term anyhow.

Latest posts

Back