Oregon Cannabis Tax Act for 2010 kicks off signature drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowRider

Reaction score
not sure if this was posted before but here we go

hxxp://ageing-hippie.newsvine.com/_news/2008/07/06/1642935-oregon-cannabis-tax-act-for-2010-kicks-off-signature-drive

A press conference introducing an initiative petition, the Oregon Cannabis Tax Act 2010, and its signature-gathering campaign will be held Monday, July 7th at 10 am at the campaign office, located at 105 SE 18th Avenue in Portland. All media representatives are encouraged to attend. Speakers at the press conference will include Madeline Martinez and D. Paul Stanford, co-chief petitioners for the measure.
OCTA proposes to redirect millions of dollars annually into Oregon’s general fund by permitting cannabis (marijuana) to be sold in retail stores to adults over 21 years of age. The OLCC would be tasked with managing the program, which would license approved individuals to cultivate the product for sale. A portion of the cannabis grown would also be directed to registered cardholders in the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program. A portion of the taxes collected would go to drug treatment.

About time. Wonder if it will make the ballot? Wonder if the Feds will step in and squash it. Sounds like a good start to legalize it across the country tho.

Yeah I'd be all about moving to Oregon but don't have high hopes for this myself.

Lived in OR for almost 12 years. Great place. Miss it terribly. Always (95% of the time) great smoke to be had.
Oregon was the first state to decriminalize it. It was the first state to have legal medical marijuana (Some of my friends there have their cards). And seeing as the state doesn't have sales tax, it would be a good move on their part to help boost a crippled economy (the #1 reason I left the state kicking and screaming). If they got really wise and offered assistance to people to grow in their fields, the economy would pick right up and soooo many folks could be put to work.
Oregon is very democratic - they love to vote. I don't doubt that it will hit the ballot... Stupider things have (Remember Measures 9 and 13? - the homophobia acts of the 90's)
I'm thinking that by the time I move back there (and I will), I'll be eligible for a med mj card myself. And just think, I'll be ahead of the game, cause I'll already have the growing thing down!

Latest posts

Back