Organic gowing, help diagnosing deficiency/excess

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-bot

Reaction score
Hi All,

I started an organic grow and all was fine till the older leaves started to turn orange/rust in color. This started with spots on the leaves and then some necrosis as the leaf part that turned orange/rust dries off. I looked a few places for deficiency/excess charts but can't seem to pinpoint the exact cause so I'm asking for help. Let me know what you think or if you encountered these issues before.

Cheers!

This is the only picture small enough to fit the post so I'll update with more pics soon.

Greens2.jpg

Boy, i don't know. I grow in organic dirt, how are you organic in water? Can you take a clone in case you lose this plant? Someone knowing lots me more than me will be around. I hope soon.

Yeah definitely not organic growing. Maybe using organic nutrients?

Yes I grow in organic super soil, not water. I just cover the dirt with clay pellets to keep the humidity in the soil.

If you are using cannabis friendly nutes you should be OK.
If the roots stay damp you could have root problems that could look like that. It looks like potassium deficiency which can be caused by the soil staying damp.
Overwatering can cause the PH to fluctuate that would cause roots to not absorb nutes correctly. In soil nutrients are best absorbed when PH is between 6 and 7.

I wish you all the best with this grow.

They are suffering heat stress for one thing. Other then that, my style of organics doesn't involve much in the way of feeding. All the nutes come from the soil. Hence organic.

Some better pictures might help.

Yes a better pic or pics would be helpful. I can't tell if the leaves are curling up or not. My eyes are bad. he he
You have a humidity problem? Low humidity? This can cause plants to stress even more if your temps are too high.

Super nuggs chart should help but just from what I see, the lower leaves look like you just got nute water on them and the plant actually looks like you may be over watering but also over fertilizing.

If you think it was over watered, let it dry and when you do water again, use very little and No Nutes. If that was the problem, she should perk up. If not, well I do not think this approach will hurt and may tell you something.
When you have a problem, patience is the hardest because you want to do something, but that may be the problem. Stopping IMO is the best way to reset. That plant is green enough to go without nutes for awhile.

Yes I grow in organic super soil, not water. I just cover the dirt with clay pellets to keep the humidity in the soil.
That's not how it works. Plants add humidity to the air when they breathe, its called transpiration. When the stoma open. plants take in CO2 and let out water vapor and O2. Covering the soil with clay pellets doesn't change the humidity in the room at all.

All the above -- Too hot --Too dry and something wrong at root level -The plant is stunted -- U have more seed ?-- U may be able to save it but U could have something else up growing happy , healthy and bigger by the time it recovers !

Latest posts

Back