Pigs are smarter than Monkeys. read this!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekoostik_Hookah

420Member
Reaction score
I just watched this show, about how pigs are really really smart.
They are able to problem solve like crazy. they can invision a different way to solve a problem, if they cant do it the normal way.
It even stated that Pigs are smarter than most chimpanzees.
A 6 month old pig, was able to perform 40+ Tricks.
It was an amazing show to watch.....and i am never going to eat Bacon, Ham, or anything that a pig was killed for, again!!!

Thats messed up that us Humans, eat an animal, that is able to have Emotion, affection, thought process, has the ability to learn. it even Wags its tail when its happy.
yet we kill this amimal like its an orange being used for orange juice.

Im not some huge animal rights activist, i do love animals. I also eat meat, almost any meat. i love steak and bacon. But i dont think i can eat bacon anymore. I almost dont really like eating cow....if it feels pain, we shouldnt eat it...unless we have too for survival.
anyone agree????

ALSO: Hunting as a sport, is the dumbest, cruelst thing i can imagine. Killing for fun?? ***?
Hunting is for Wussies. whats the point if your not going to eat it. Most people eat it, just so they can feel better about killling it.
But why kill, if you dont have too???

I love eating pig and will continue to do so. Nothing better than a pig roast IMO. As far as hunting goes we have alot of hunters on here so you better be ready to take some shots. ;)

i dont care how many shots i take, Hunting for fun is stupid.
and yes pig is Great, it just bothers me that its so smart.
If a pig was as dumb as dirt, i wouldnt really care.

again, hunting is stupid, Looking through a deadly accurate Scope, at a completly defenceles deer, that stands absolutly no chance of survival, against the bullet that travels at thousands of feet per second, is absolutly a retarted sport!!! its not a sport.

atleast go hunt with a bow and arrow, somthing that actully takes SKILL. a 1 month old baby could pull a trigger.
not only do you need skill to hunt with a bow, but it gives the deer a chance for survival.

The old saying goes : Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, and pigs treat us as equals ;)

if they were so much smarter than monkeys why are they still acting like pigs? lol.. no but seriously, you see a monkey and you can see their intelligence being used as they live on their habitat on everything they do. Now lets look at the pig in his natural habitat... NOT MUCH TO SAY but what a pig....

Now i respect your opinion, which is only that for the simple reason that your basing your decision on what you have read, but it goes much farther than that my friend.. its a food chain world and guess what we at the top, its life and if we start thinking about all the litttle crap we dont agree with, well we will not be enjoying any good foood that we were intended to eat, get my point?
Better yet, have you ever eaten at Kentucky Fried Chicken? if you have you better stop eating chicken then, that is if you are going to follow the beliefs just mentioned.
I know cruelty is a bad thing to bear with animals, but at the end of the day they are animals and they have their purpose on this earth just like we do.. IMHO...:aok:

070430_chinaPetFood_vmed_1p_widec.jpg

kedaton_l2.jpg

If you eat what you hunt I have no problem with hunting.

Its not at all like you make it out, you should try it sometime for a deer, just have it processed, you heart will be racing!

I love animals ............................ They taste delicious!

I feel your pain man ,,,,seeing a smart loyal animal killed for food is hard but it is what it is ,,,,people have been eating pork for a long time ,,,,hunting is a hard one ive seen films of animals staving to death in the winter,,,,better to see them shoot ,,,,good luck on your quest brother ,,,,p,l,r

The only reason we don't eat monkeys is cuz they don't taste too good. :p

I'll happily take any ham and bacon donations you might have Ekoostic. ;)

Edited to add that I love everything Firepower had to say.

Firepower said:
if they were so much smarter than monkeys why are they still acting like pigs? lol.. no but seriously, you see a monkey and you can see their intelligence being used as they live on their habitat on everything they do. Now lets look at the pig in his natural habitat... NOT MUCH TO SAY but what a pig....

Now i respect your opinion, which is only that for the simple reason that your basing your decision on what you have read, but it goes much farther than that my friend.. its a food chain world and guess what we at the top, its life and if we start thinking about all the litttle crap we dont agree with, well we will not be enjoying any good foood that we were intended to eat, get my point?
Better yet, have you ever eaten at Kentucky Fried Chicken? if you have you better stop eating chicken then, that is if you are going to follow the beliefs just mentioned.
I know cruelty is a bad thing to bear with animals, but at the end of the day they are animals and they have their purpose on this earth just like we do.. IMHO...:aok:

whos to say that there purpose on this earth, is for us to eat them???

The only reason were at the top of the food chain, is because we use guns.!!!!! Put a bunch of animlas, including lions,bears,jaguars,etc...etc.. and add in a few Humans, then put us all into a huge cage....whos at the top of the food chain now??? sure isnt us, we would probly be the first to go.
so we arent really at the top of the food chain.
Hunting with guns is kind of cheap, i believe you should really only hunt with Bows, like we did thousands of years ago.

Yes i have eaten at KFC, i love fried chicken. I dont fully agree with how the chickens are treated before they are served to us...yet i still eat chicken because of ignorance... i try not to think about it.

also, yes it appears monkeys are smarter, but im not going to argue with science, and if Pigs could stand upright, and say they had hands....im sure they would use them...better than monkeys do.
you can just assume a pig is dumb because he digs through mud....a pig has a natural crazy drive for food, for some reason that has to do with them digging in mud......?

again, how you said there just animals.....if they are just animals how come we dont eat Dogs, Cats, Lions, etc..ect??

p.s firepower i just noticed your avatar, do you ride? what bike you got?? I ride the Yamaha R1 baby!!!!

I'll eat anything. I'd even eat human if it was readily available in the supermarket. I've always been curious, but that's not saying I would kill someone to find out. Nah... But I have eaten many an odd dish. Shark, Octopus, Squid, Turtle, Rabbit, Snake, Elk, Moose, Marmet, Alligator, Bison, frog legs, Snails, Carabou, Goat, Whale, and a plethera of foul. Hell, I've even eaten bugs and worms before in the wilderness. I have an appreciation of the diversity of what's available for me to eat as a top food chain carnivor. Although, I wish that sometimes we had natural predators that ate us too, would make life more interesting, imo. And funner.... Because hunting is so one sided..

Have to understand that the human palate is widely diverse, and what we consider offensive or gross is widely accepted in various regions. Chinese eat far worse than pig and monkey =p Belout anyone?

My mom has a pig infatuation and always wanted a potbelly pig as a pet as long as I can remember. I almost bought her one one year, but that idea went out the window quick after they recarpeted their house... Personally, I think they are disgusting filthy creatures, despite their intellegence. Wallowing in my own feces does not equate to intellegence to me. I hate chickens too if it makes any difference =) I'm an equal opportunity hater =)

Sorry dude but I just can't bring myself to eat a big ol' double cheeseburger without BACON.....:yeahthat:....just ain't the same bro....just ain't the same.

Shark, Octopus, Squid, Turtle, Rabbit, Snake, Elk, Moose, Marmet, Alligator, Bison, frog legs, Snails, Carabou, Goat, Whale, and a plethera of foul. Hell, I've even eaten bugs and worms before in the wilderness.

shark= dumb. octopus=dumb...same for all of thoes besides whale,moose and bison.
eat all the bugs you want, they dont feel pain.

and i do a agree a BLT isnt a BLt without the bacon, i absolutely love bacon, its just kinda messed up

Ekoostik_Hookah said:
shark= dumb. octopus=dumb...same for all of thoes besides whale,moose and bison.
eat all the bugs you want, they dont feel pain.

What you dont think these animals feel pain?

In the words of the late great Kurt Cobain, "It's okay to eat fish, because they don't have any feeeeeeelings.." Still holds true to this very day...

I still fail see a definative factor of creature intellegence having any bearing on it's nutritional value, or my desire to not want to eat it. I guess I'm just not that selective and appreciate the opportunity to try something new.

Most animals have a higher intelligence than we give them credit for though. Evident in horses preforming arethmatic, rats solving mazes by memory, migratory birds, butterflies, and fish returning to spawn points every year, and even dolphins and elephants participating in complex play. Dolphins also seem capable of discriminating between numbers, which is a highly abstract ability. In fact, scientists still esteem chimpanzees as the highest animal intelligence in light of other animals.

In fact, most animals can be trained to preform simple tricks. Just take a trip to your local zoo =)

i my self love my bacon ,,im wonderin what u think about fish ,because every anamal on earth is stupid compared to a human so i guess ur deciding what ur gonna eat for now on by making a deshion on the percentages of how stupid the creature is i wonder if peta has a list of that lol..I have always hated to see any creatures in any kind of pain and the food i do eat ,and i am a big meat eater,if i new someone was brutley killieng them unstead of doing it as humane as possible i would never buy my meat from that company ever again ,,i never eat kentucky fried chicken no more cause it was all over the news that they were killing the chickens very brutily so now i only eat popeys chicken ,but my point is everyone is diffrent stuff good for me might not be good for u for each hisown i hope u eat bacon again its to good and prolly who ever wrote that pigs are smarter than monkeys was prolly a peta member just trying to make u fell bad about what u are eating that is what them people do try to make everyone feel guilty and in that they are susceding i wish u the best with ur no pork diet

Growdude said:
What you dont think these animals feel pain?

no i think amimals do feel pain, i was saying that bugs and worms dont...so eat up.
and who ever said they would eat a human, and have wondered about it....that messed up, and you go right ahead Jeffry Dahumer.

and no, what i watchd about pigs wasnt Peta sponcered.
it was something on dicovery.
god you guys are sooo American. maybe a few Germans.

and im not deciding what i eat, by how smart it is....but it kinda is true. we dont eat Real dolphins, we dont eat monkey ( who knows if they taste bad or not). we dont eat horses....they are all rather smart.
i just find it weird, that we kill a smart animal, that feels Pain, can have emoition!!! that means it can have love for its Mother pig, and its bros and sisters. and we friggin eat this animal??
i will probly even still eat pig, because i love bacon so dam much..
we can get the nutriton that animals provide, from many other sources.
Protein is easy to find else where

It's all just meat when it comes down to the bottom line, right?

Sarcasm is sorely lost in text format, disappointing really. Anyways, adieu.

heres one for ya, i don't eat beef unless its bough, i do on the other hand eat venison, all kinds of fish, pork and numerous other meats u can obtain by a few different methods.

but when it gets down to it, i spend hundreds of dollars of food for these animals to eat and over the years u watch them grow, and after they've gave their off spring and lived a long enough life to reach a good size they all die, so that i can feed myself. now other things aren't sought after like fish and deer which i also spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to use equipment and bait and camo to hunt these animals and catch these fish.

with that mere few paragraphs of information u should now understand how much they are part of the world and how they make the world go round.

if it wasn't for a guy growing the grain and me buying, he wouldn't get paid, that pig wouldn't get feed, it hence wouldn't grow or give birth to more pigs, then it wouldn't die by my hands, and i wouldn't get any food or money, my family wouldn't either nor anyone else who likes anything pork. not to mention everyone else has to buy it there funding the economy

now i am not a farmer, i am a hunter and it took me hunting to see things this way. after all the dollars i've spent to fill my freezers with wild game, but more importantly a healther source of food, my food per pound ends up being less expensive in the long run cuz i don't have to buy meat, but is very costly for everything to get that meat.

so after all the man hours of work put into everything required to get that meat ur gonna try and tell me u don't want to eat pork? cuz u think they feel things?
EVERYTHING ALIVE FEELS PAIN

so what it really boils down to is cuz something can feel things u don't want to eat it there putting a damper on the rest of the entire human economy.

so when bacon goes up 10 dollars a pound cuz no one has pigs to kill cuz no one wanted to kill pigs cuz they feel things, i'll get to thank ppl like u.

no why don't u guys discuss something important like taxes and politics

edit: discuss growing and stuff thats y were here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back