Plug And Grow 600watt Timer Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruity86

Reaction score
Hey guy's i got a friend that want's setting up, he if after a contractor and timer and the cheapest i could find was around £50 for both
Then today i came across this so called plug and grow timer, it say's it can switch a 600 HPS and there no need for a contractor and it's 1/3rd the price here's a link to it hxxp://www.lightsystems.co.uk/accessories.htm[/URL]
anyway my question is do you think it would handle the 600 or would he be better spending that bit more cash, if anyone use's 1 i would be greatfull for you input infact il be greatfull for any input LOL
thanks fruity

not sure if i follow you but any 15 amp timer will control a 600 watt,

i get a digital 15 amp timer for 12 bucks at the hardware store.

hey dman it's not 15amp it's 13amp and segment's not digital do you think it will still be ok ?
peace fruity

I recently ordered one of the Plug and Grow timers off the bay as a cheap way around things, it wasn't until i got it did i realize it was a 12/12 timer, not much good for veg so i went for the Grasslin timer and a contactor. I think the plug and Grow Timers will take up to 2 x 600watts lamps but someone with a lot more knowledge than me may be able to better advise you on the power thing.

hey ronnie so it work's for 12/12 ? if so that's fine since he will veg 24-0 anyway

I have two with the segments and they work fine...one I have turning on a 600w and a 400w together and it works fine.

The timer says 24hrs/15 mins so I am assuming it is not a 12 hour thing.
I have a few cheap digital timers I bought from B&Q (In Scotland) and they are s*&^. All 6 have failed on me at some point (resetting to zero), so I have replaces them with mechanical segment timers. I have one similar to this controling my lights, 2x600w and have had no problems with them.
I would say go for it but I am a bit on the rash side!
Green mojo for you buddy

Yes Thanks Guy's I Think Il Get One Aswell Atleast Then I Dont Need To Be In To Turn Them Off At Night, 2 Year's Ive Been Switching Them On And Off, I Dont Want To Pay For Such An Easy Job Lol But At This Price I Cant Say No Hehe
Thank's Guy's
Woody I Just Found A 22amp One Say's It Can Handle 2 600 Think Il Get 2 Of Them 1 For Me And My Buddy

fruity86 said:
hey dman it's not 15amp it's 13amp and segment's not digital do you think it will still be ok ?
peace fruity

Hey Fruity, a 13 amp timer will be fine for 1 600 watt ballast.

Here is a little somthing for everyone who reads this, i learnt the hard way last year.

never have your lights on a digital timer and your fans on a mechanical, they need to be both digital or both mechanical.
the reason is i had a short power outage while i wasnt home, the mechanical ones stop when the power is out and continue when its back, the digital timers have battery back up so they continue to keed correct time while the power is out, when the power returns your light will come on and your fans wont.

dman1234 said:

Here is a little somthing for everyone who reads this, i learnt the hard way last year.

never have your lights on a digital timer and your fans on a mechanical, they need to be both digital or both mechanical.
the reason is i had a short power outage while i wasnt home, the mechanical ones stop when the power is out and continue when its back, the digital timers have battery back up so they continue to keed correct time while the power is out, when the power returns your light will come on and youe fans wont.

That is what I was going to say, look for a digital timer with a battery backup so that if the power ever goes out in your home the timer will still keep time and the plants will stay on schedule. My fans run 24 hours though so they are not hooked up to any timers, good advice dman.

-SSF-

I run my fans 24-0 as well...have thought about putting them on a timer....

I run them 24-0 also...................NOW. LOL

i had a PM issues and that was that, all fans exhaust and cirrculating 24-0

dman1234 said:

the reason is i had a short power outage while i wasnt home, the mechanical ones stop when the power is out and continue when its back, the digital timers have battery back up so they continue to keed correct time while the power is out, when the power returns your light will come on and your fans wont.
:goodposting: Wow!! I never gave that a thought. Thanks, I would be concerned with that this summer. I'll have to put that into my playbook.:farm:

Thanks, another way around it is to remove the back up batteries from your digital if you have a mix of timers.

Latest posts

Back