Police Make Pot Bust at Md. McDonalds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Police in Anne Arundel County say they've busted a McDonalds employee who was allegedly selling pot out of the fast food restaurant's drive-thru window.

Investigators say they got information that 27-year-old Donald Jerrel Brice was dealing marijuana out of the restaurant where he worked, which is located at 113 Mitchells Chance Road in Edgewater.

As part of the investigation, undercover detectives drove to the McDonalds, ordered food at the drive-thru, and then pulled up to the cashier at the first window. Police say those detectives were then able to purchase marijuana from the employee, Brice, after paying for their order.

"Definitely, it was a situation that was unique," said Sgt. John Gilmer of the Anne Arundel County Police Department. "I have never seen anything similar to this."

Police are still investigating if customers had to give some kind of code word to purchase the substance.

"The way it's been relayed to us is if you actually order food, with that food you were actually getting a controlled, dangerous substance, so a weird situation," said Sgt. Gilmer. "Definitely a weird situation."

Some customers who spoke with FOX 5 said they weren't surprised. Others say it's just a sign of the times.

"An answer to the bad economy?" said Angela Gottis, a customer. "I don't know. It's pretty shocking."

It's unclear how long the activity may have been going on, or whether Brice was acting alone.

Brice was then taken into custody by police in the parking lot. He is charged with distribution of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, and possession of marijuana.

Late Monday, McDonalds officials released the following statement about the situation:

"The safety and well-being of our customers and employees is a top priority. We take these matters very seriously. We are cooperating fully with the Anne Arundel County Police Department in their investigation of this matter. We are also conducting our own internal investigation into the matter. We require employees be in full compliance with local, state and federal laws as well as adhere to our own stringent employment practices. Beyond that, it would be inappropriate to discuss the personnel matters of this individual."

hxxp://tinyurl.com/aff4e2

haha doesnt suprise me.
in fact, i looked to see if it was from the city i live in.
i used to buy trees a couple years back off a guy that worked the over night shift at mcdonalds. wed go right to the pickup window all the time at like 3am and get free water with some weed haha

lol this has been done with every single fast food chain in my town. at one point you could get coke from popeyes, H from tacobell, weed from my A&W, weed from tacobell, and weed from rally's.

its a stupid thing to do but is a fun idea.

same thing around here. just order your nuggs.lol

Mc donalds, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, u choose. Its pretty obvious that the general public's knowledge about marijuana is very sub par especially when people are shocked by things like that, yea its not a smart idea to be selling in those places but i mean u'd have to think that someone would be dumb eneough to think of that as a way to sell their product. It would take a bust of someone using homing pidgeons or something to deliver weed to shock me lol.

lol my neighbor used to do that at steak n shake. lol but she put it in a steak n shake to go bag and gave free food. it was awesome. but yeah i thought i was gonna get busted in the drive thru window at mcdonalds too, i was smoking out and didnt realize i was sitting behing a k9 unit lol i put it out and rolled my windows up and quickly lit a cigarette. ha

lol....just to add another thought.....i always go to mickey d's after i get high.....sure makes the trip seem more worthwhile now!

FruityBud said:
"The way it's been relayed to us is if you actually order food, with that food you were actually getting a controlled, dangerous substance, so a weird situation," said Sgt. Gilmer. "Definitely a weird situation."

this is absolute stupidity.more to follow...

FruityBud said:
"An answer to the bad economy?" said Angela Gottis, a customer. "I don't know. It's pretty shocking."
no offense to people eating the garbage scraps that is served at mcdonalds.but that response comes as no surprise when you look at the majority of people who eat there.

they must have been referring to the fries...or any of that other **** that is so hard for your digestive system to break down and drains all your body's energy.

Hey I used to deliver for a pizza place a few yrs ago and one of the guys who delivered with me used to deal all night long while he delivered. Never got suspected. He was smart though. Never sold to the underage employees. And I think only a few select people knew what he was doing.

You would think McDonalds would support this. Smoke a little weed, get the munchies, and watch McDonalds profits soar!!!

I'd like the McReallyHappyMeal please. Can I get a side order of hash brownies?

Latest posts

Back