Question about Light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinero06

Reaction score
I got a female clone plant i just started growing and was wondering will 3 26watt cfl bulbs be enuff for just this 1 plant?

How big is the space that you are growing it in? That is really the best way to tell. You generally want to have 75 watts (but about 50watts will do) per square feet of grow space. What spectrum cfls do you have? Tell us a little more about your set up for better help/explanations.

got damn g your avator look like gumby pieces.. u grew that?
I couldnt really tell u the height and everything.. the height is straight thou its too tall of a grow box but only wide for about 2 plants and in depth not long enuff neither... i know when my plant grow it will be touching the wall and the grow room door while in growth.. thats why i grow only 1 but doing alot of lst to stretch my yield and was wondering will 3 26 cfl will do
my bulbs or something like this http://www.buylighting.com/23-Watt-R40-Dimmable-Compact-Fluorescent-Flood-p/g240026.htm
except mines are 26 watt

Ok, i will give you my honest opinion...and you can do what you like with it. I'm not sure if you have that EXACT light...but only as a 26 watter. If you do, i would opt for getting some good ol fashion cfls from Wally's. For veg i personally would go with cool white (6500k) and flower use warm white (2700k). But a full spectrum would work also. From the sounds of things you have a pretty tight space...so i would try to somehow get light surounding the entire plant (on the sides also if possible), but you should be find with what you have if you are dealing with roughly a 1x1 ft space. If you can get some measurments of your space or possible some pics...and i'll (or anyone on the site) will be able to help out a little better.

Like i said...these are just my opinions from what i can understand of your situation. The more info you can give...the better people will be able to help you. Good luck with your clone bro...and ask all the questions you have and i'll try to help in any way that i can.

i use strictly cfls for veggin.works great too.i have 2 bulbs per plant in a 2x2 tent.thats 8 cfls total.i was using a 400 watt MH and switched to cfls.lots cooler to run and i can see no difference in growth.the nodes are tight and the plants are bushes.jmo

what watt cfl's are you using? i looked into it...and i got some CFL's. i bought a 46 watt? and it's about the same as 150 watts. but also i seen a 26 watt sunshine bulb that puts out 5000k lumens to where other cfl's put out around 1200k for the average bulb...only seen it at lowes...i was thinking i'd get 1 sunshin 26 watt with 5000k lumens and a 46 watt with about 1800k for veg.

at lowes that costs about 9 dollars for the two lights.

While CFLs and other fluoros work well for vegging, IMO, you really need a HPS for flowering.

I have never seen (or heard of) a 26W CFL that puts out 5000 lumens, could you provide a link?

Latest posts

Back