Questions on changing Lights!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatpharmer

Growin A Lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi guy's I need your opinions on a couple things, first I'll explain my situtation, right now I'm running 1000w MH magnetic ballast lights I got free from work you no the type you see hanging in a factory the ones with the ballast mounted right on top, I no not the best but free! Well I have 2 of these and was going to run them opposite each other in 2 separate flower rooms and then I started to think maybe I should go new wave and buy digital ballast light systems!

Well this is where you guy's come in, after looking around various hydro web sites and reading info on ballast I have a couple questions for you all the first is after reading the product info on the Lumitek 600w digital ballast they say that I would get the same lumens output from a 600w digital ballast as a 1000w magnetic ballast is this true? If so I'm switchin for sure! The next question is that digital ballasts are less money to run than equal valued magnetic ballast they say that its 10% less! The last and final question is this I've heard that the old digital Lumatek Ballasts didn't run all bulbs, but after reading the bghydro web page they say that the Lumatek is new and improved and now lights all bulbs, is this true?

I hope someone can help answer these question before I purcase anything! If I can go from 1000w magnetic to 600w digital and not loose lumens or penetration thats awesome but if not I may have to reconsider 600w digitals and think about 1000w digitals, well thats about it any and all help appreciated!

Phatpharmer:hubba:

PS. If anyone has personal expierences going from magnetic Ballasts to digital Ballasts please share your expierences!

Latest posts

Back