quick help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallace123

Reaction score
my plants are growing well into the flowering stage there seems to be a small amount of purple stem near the base of some of the leaves not sure if this is the a deficiency or a pest problem I'm growing in hydro clay and using a super bloom solution:holysheep:

in some cases purple stems can be strain related, it can also be signs of a N defi. pics would help

Hello Wallace :)

Im the same coloured pipe dress but different roots ;)

Any chance of some pictures?

Purps are often temperature related, but saying that some strains are naturally that way, what strain are you growing? or is it a baggie?

yeah i don't have a camera hooked up right now but its not showing on all the leave just some of the older ones and its only about an 1/4 inch of the stem around the base of the leaf

that sounds like how mine do. as they mature they will all start to turn purple, or the ones i have that are strain related do. hope this helps

whats the NPK of the super bloom? how old is the plant? if it just started turning in flowering it could be a low on N. take a look at the links in my signature they have lots of info on nute defi. how do your leaves look? do they still have good color. if the only problem is the purple stems i wouldn't worry to much, just keep a close eye on it for a while.

its 0 10 10 the plants are about 2-3 weeks into flowering there are plenty masses of pistles and the plants apear healthy

Your feed is wrong, your plants still need N

Top tips from Slow, take advice when given :)

here are two pictures

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

try to find something with atleast a little N. i use bloom buster 15-30-15 at 1/2 strength. so it a 7.5-15-7.5. hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back