Reflector Idea, Ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDrowner

Reaction score
Hey guys, this may be my last post for about 2 months. Moving house, computer goes this friday and theres no Internet connection.

I know you guys will miss my fabulous advice. lol :rolleyes:

Anyway, I want to make a reflector for my fluoro grow I will be doing.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25050&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178896665

I will be following the design above, but will be using 2 foot double fixtures, with T8 bulbs in them.

I will then progress to adding more fixtures on the wings of it. See below.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25217&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1179050519

My question to you, Will or is this going to be effective?
Also, How will I flower?, Do not have a HPS as of yet. Just change the bulbs to Warm light?

Peace, Thanks for any advice.

TD

Yes, it will work. For the price it costs to build that, I think you may be better off getting a small HID.

Everything is free. Except the Reflector, which I have to make and buy.

Although, I will consider your input.

Peace.

hi thedowner,the pics you have of the reflector are mine,i made it in work.very simple and inexpensive,its a 1.5mm thick stainless steel mirror finish sheet,i bought the flouro's units seperatly and bolted straight to reflector,very easy.also the 1.5mm stainless absorbs alot of heat,which is good,anywho best of luck m8.

dobshibby!!!

Hows it going mate?

I pretty much fell in love with this when i first saw it, beautiful work on fabricating the reflector. Excellent work.

What do you mean by "Mirror Finish"? Is there a paint or something I could use to get that finish or is it brought like that?

Thanks for the great idea!!!

Peace

TD

mirror finish is a type of stainless sheet,it has been polished so it gives alot of reflection(shiny like stainless kitchen utensils),just ask for 'polished stanless finish' at any good biulder providers or metal workshop,,they should sort u out.---if you wanted to do a real cheap hood,just get a plastic barrel---about 4 foot high to accomidate your lights---split it down the middle(top to bottom)---giving you 2 hoods infact---put mylar or something with good reflection on the inside---drill holes to suit your light fixtures---bolt your lights to the inside---job done.try to get a barrel with a thick wall(the thickness of the material the barrel is made of) something like 4 or 5mm,,best of luck m8,i will check back soon so leave any comments on any help you need,,pease out.

Hey dobshibby,

Thanks mate, was a little confused but you cleared that up.

Will try to keep you posted but the computers going in 3 days, sorry mate.

Thanks for all your help!

TD

Latest posts

Back