Responces about the Vote for "Letter to the President" LEGALIZE MARIJUANA.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just so we are all clear the letters to the President on 1-20-10 will be mailed out ??? OR will be arriving starting on that date??. I do believe this will be longer than a one day event, if it is to be successful

ms.bowles said:
just so we are all clear the letters to the President on 1-20-10 will be mailed out ??? OR will be arriving starting on that date??. I do believe this will be longer than a one day event, if it is to be successful
I choose that date to start it symbolically on Obama's first anniversary as President. If the letters are all mailed during the day of 1/20/2010, the snowball effect will start the next day. By the time they all reach DC, the extra load will be noticed by the media if all works well. We'll see what happens.

when do you expect to notify the media to stir things up ? should the people that are particapating notify their own local media to make sure the word spreads?

id say just mail the letter so that the post office doesnt get tipped off much. it probably wouldnt be as successfull if all the post offices and white house was completely ready. which could be the downfall but, places are cheap so i doubt it. if you think you should contact media then do it, but think hard about it before you make any other moves.

great ideas here. HICK thanks for making it a sticky. thats what this needs. POTUS youve basically turned me into a more active activist with this thread. til this, ive been claiming to be a mj activist, but lately this has been the topic of almost every conversation with people outside the forum. think about this too,

about 700 some views out of that maybe half will do this. multiply that by 5 and another 5 and another 5 and another 5 and so on and so on.. this is stacking. and its completely blowing my mind that you came up with this idea, presented it nicely, and it seriously looks as if this is going to practically eat the government alive. i really think this is going to work. in 2 years when im legally buying bud, ill be thanking you my friend. along with everyone that participates. if it fails, which i doubt, ill still be thanking you for creating more activists. the more the better for the cause. thought id give you a better idea of what youve basically done with this thread.

and if you want a half assed figure on how many are already participating take the 700 cut it in half that gives you 350, times 350 by 5 350 times and youll get the massive number thats most likely short of what there really is already. thats multiplying daily too. this plan is completely genious. the postage stamp sales for the post office will also be supporting the economy a big too. well thats about all the smarts i got. haha. seriously though thanks.

as far I know... those anti marijuana people is not winning...

POTUS, I talked to the few friends that I have that do smoke and they all are on board. They also said they would get their friends that I don't know to go along with it as well. I have the snowball in effect and will be sure to re-emphasise as the date gets closer.

thanks! your right tipping them off could defeat the purpose.I WILL SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL MY FELLOW SMOKERS

POTUS said:
I choose that date to start it symbolically on Obama's first anniversary as President. If the letters are all mailed during the day of 1/20/2010, the snowball effect will start the next day. By the time they all reach DC, the extra load will be noticed by the media if all works well. We'll see what happens.

It will be legal by then man......mark my words. If not, I will start posting naked.

Just a note with the mailing our letters. I seen something on the news the other day about the post master saying he might cut one of the days out, like saturday. Im not totally sure on all the details. Peoples letters could be all sent on dif days and I dont know if it would still have the same affect. Idk, just some of my thoughts.

20 JAN 2010 is a Wednesday, we should be alright, good thought though.

NorCalHal said:
It will be legal by then man......mark my words. If not, I will start posting naked.

As long as your webcam is off, fine by me! LOL

I doubt it will be legal before then.
We still got a long fight ahead of us.

NorCalHal said:

Posting naked is only good if you have a web cam....

I certainly hope that you are right (has nothing to do with the naked posting thing :hubba:). I grew up in the 60s. If anyone had ever told me that marijuana would still be illegal in 2009, I would have had a hard time believing it. Well actually if someone had told me in the 60s that I would still be alive in 2009, I may have had a hard time believing that, too :eek:. I would love to see this come to pass in my lifetime.

HempMan said:

I doubt it will be legal before then.
We still got a long fight ahead of us.

As soon as the Feds are called off medical states, it is legal then. We are SOOO close.
Now, I understand that a Federal desicion to not operate in Medical states does not make it legal in all 50 states, it will make it legal in the 14 MMJ states. Other states need to pass similar laws regarding medical usuage to enjoy that call, if it is made.

What has happened in the last year has been greater progress then in the 20 years past.

Now, I got to go shop for a Cam......

potus, it's on the calander in my phone and GR for Dec 31 DON"T FORGET!!!

Thanks for this. You can count on me for 10 letters at least!!

Here is a quick peek :eek:

SmokinMom said:
:hubba:

You can start practicing now if you'd like.

:postpicsworthless:

thChat.jpg

After thinking about it for a while I was thinking every letter should have its own ink stamping of a Pot Leaf ,or a picture of one drawn or glued on the envelopes. KINDA LIKE A SEAL OF APPROVAL

NorCalHal said:
As soon as the Feds are called off medical states, it is legal then.
No, it isn't.

It will be provisionally legal for ONLY those people who have medical reasons and approval to use it.

That isn't "legal".

Legal is when the laws that pertain to the purchasing and using of alcohol are also applied to marijuana. When anyone who is 18 years old or older can go into a store in any state within the USA and buy a package of marijuana or grow a self-sustaining amount of marijuana for themselves, it will then be legal.

Anything less and it will be nothing but more dog and pony shows by the Federal government.

Sorry man, but for some reason, you seem to missing the entire point of this project. That point being legalization of marijuana for everyone. Not just the people who have medical reasons for using it.

It's not even close to being legal. Out of the entire country, only 14 states have STATE laws that make it possible for medical users to do so under a magnifying glass. That's not "legal", it's a grudging allowance to bypass laws that keep it illegal for everyone else.

Another trick of the legal system by the Feds.

My message to the Feds is to stop screwing around with the laws of our country and MAKE MARIJUANA LEGAL FOR ADULTS.

Not "sort of legal", Not "legal for medical users", Not legal here or there, but legal for every citizen of the United States of America who is above the age of 18 and uses it with the safety guidelines used to control the use of Alcohol.

Until that happens, it's still under prohibition. It's still illegal. It's still an abuse of Federal power. It's still a law made by lobbyists, not lawmakers.

I appreciate the fact that YOU in YOUR state can feel free to use Marijuana and MAY not be abused by the Federal Police, but the remaining Hundreds of Millions of us who don't use it for medical reasons and/or do not live in one of the FEW states that permit it by STATE law, still are in fear of our very freedom, livelihood and and enjoyment of our own lives when we light up some marijuana to enjoy as we should be able to do without fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back