Ron Paul vs. Steven Baldwin on Larry King

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PieRsquare said:
Cubby, you're wasting your time trying to talk common sense into someone who is convinced that they can drive better when they're stoned. The very idea that it could be safer to operate a vehicle while using marijuana is ludicrous and shows the ignorance of the person saying such a dangerous and outlandish thing. When they get busted for being high while driving, they'll spout the same nonsense to the lawyer who will try to protect them in court. The lawyer will tell them the truth that if they say that silly nonsense to the Judge, the Judge will throw the book at them just for being stupid. I've heard drunks say the same nonsense though. They weave and stumble all the way to the car and then will tell you how they drive better when they're drinking. People like Cajun who really do think that way can only be cured of it by either killing themselves in a car or going to prison for a couple years as a result of their ignorance. Hopefully, Cajun and Acesup will stop being people who drive while high, before they kill someone or themselves. I doubt it, but maybe they'll educate themselves to see that what they're saying is just foolish. There are a hundred ways to prove it to them, but it wouldn't help. They've convinced themselves that they can get as messed up as they want and actually drive better because they think they do. Cajun and Acesup, I'm not personally attacking you guys. You've both said something that is so silly that it defies any reasonable discussion. Please, go talk to someone who actually knows the medical side of coordination and thought processes and they will tell you that the risk of doing something stupid in a car increases for everyone with each toke you take before or during driving. It's a fact. It's not debatable. It's not different for each person. Your thought processes are not as quick and your physical reactions are slowed by the very first toke you take. If you argue this, then you just are too ignorant of reality to even discuss it. Please go talk to someone about it, (like your doctor), before you learn the hard way by killing someone or yourself.

bull crap! have you ever tried doing anything that requires fast reaction time while stoned. i have & do w/o a hitch. one example is sport trap shooting. 2 clays @ a time. guess what they dont come from the same trap all the time either. might have one come from high left & other might be a "rabbit", a slow roller on the ground. maybe you need to dust off the ol nintendo & try duck hunt 1st. where is your data there Pi not pie. ppl like you really grind me. there have been studies done overseas w/ stoned ppl & driving & guess what didnt prove that being stoned impaired your driving skills. ill try to find. someone here posted it maybe a year ago. hick do you possibly remember. might be HIE. off to the archives i go. later PIE

Marijuana effect everyone differently. I know of atleast one person who does greatly benifet from smoking pot to increase reaction time. If he drops anything while stoned its snatched before gravity even has time to let it fall. Im not joking. an he isnt like that sober.

I know that doesnt really "prove anything" at all. But hes the only person i know like this. many of my other friends get kinda sloppy with coordination after pot.

And i can play Real time shooters like halo much better while stoned. My scores actually reflect this. about a 20% increase over all. My thought process is not only safer when i drive after smoking, but i must dissagree and say that marijuana makes everything in my body stronger. My nose, my vision, thought process.... everything... I also have ADD/ADHD . Maybe this is why.

PieRsquare said:
Sorry man, if you're convinced that you can drive better while high, then it's pointless to argue with you. People like you will be murdering other people on the highways forever. I've seen others like you on the side of the road near bloody accidents, crying to the police "I didn't mean to kill them...Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Boo hoo, whaaaaaaaaaaa". Most people like you will do it until you're the one crying to the cops.

There are plenty of places to find your data. Go find it if you want to. Here's a small quote of what I found in about 1 minute:

"Question: Does Marijuana Affect Driving?

Answer: Marijuana affects many skills required for safe driving: alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and reaction time.

These effects can last up to 24 hours after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and sounds on the road.

There are data showing that marijuana can play a role in crashes. When users combine marijuana with alcohol, as they often do, the hazards of driving can be more severe than with either drug alone.

A study of patients in a shock-trauma unit who had been in traffic accidents revealed that 15 percent of those who had been driving a car or motorcycle had been smoking marijuana, and another 17 percent had both THC and alcohol in their blood.
In one study conducted in Memphis, TN, researchers found that, of 150 reckless drivers who were tested for drugs at the arrest scene, 33 percent tested positive for marijuana, and 12 percent tested positive for both marijuana and cocaine.

Data also show that while smoking marijuana, people show the same lack of coordination on standard "drunk driver" tests as do people who have had too much to drink."

I know you won't research it, because people like you don't want to know that you're acting selfish and stupid. You're happy in your little make-believe world of "I can smoke my weed and drive safe" fantasy.

Enjoy it man. See you on the side of the road after you murder some family. I'll toss you a hanky.

Dude,,I understand the point yur trying to make,,but ya need to smoke a joint a calm the hell down. That last remark wasnt called for Bro.:rolleyes:

um pi why dont you give a link to this bias info. plz site your work. probably guarantee its a site that is anti. ever hear about the war on drugs? ok tests show thc in blood. well they dont tell you if they were under the influence just that its in their system. also were talking about just mj not a drug cocktail. i want amount of nanograms in system that shows how intoxicated one is in these studies. your findings are inconclusive & are swayed. how do you do a roadside test for mj pi, plz tell us. you cant. heres what you do if driving while high. smoke b4 you get in car(no smell), use eye drops, & freshen breath. when u get pulled over they cant prove it. um you wont see me on the side of the road weeping, b/c i can drive. you have proved nothing in my eyes & they are pi eyed. get it pi? what do you mean ppl like me? let me bow down to your greatness. you know nothing of myself.

P.S

Baldwin is a Religious Moron.:hubba: When I see the idiot,,all I can think of is Fred Flintstone.:D

im defending it b/c there are not any non bias studies out there that prove w/o a reasonable doubt that weed will impair your driving like booze. youre all smoke & mirrors. ill send you my last 2 tix to the dog & pony show, ok.

prove this pi! read away.hxxp://www.mapinc.org/newscc/v00/n1209/a07.html hxxp://www.drugsense.org/tfy/nhtsa1.htm hxxp://www.mapinc.org/newscc/v00/n1105/a12.html this is the one to look @ pi hxxp://www.ukcia.org/research/driving.htm now you helped me prove my points. BYE-BYE as you like to say, but i c u sitting here like a vulture. i gotta go to the grocery store now, but b4 i do FIRE IT UP!

these situations are hard to avoid in a "normal" situation. the quote says MIGHT HAVE a dangerous effect. might have is not proven, just speculation. so whats ur point? avoiding these types of situations is a purely luck situation, imo. how can you avoid what you cant see? ie:kid jumping outta nowhere. you make me think of that hilarious anti commercial where stoners r getting fast food then floor it outta the drive thru & run over the girl on a bike. **** like that just doesnt happen. now if it were for booze then it would be a pretty serious commercial. find me some proof that mj alone is the causing contributor for hanis claims like this 3.14 radius squared

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I heard on the radio this morning that Alec Baldwin is wanting to run for senate. I didn't catch what state, but I'm assuming CA. Any of you west coast folks know anything about this, and whats your thoughts on actors becoming politicians. I mean, I guess they are actors so it probably is a lot easier to lie, like playing a role. I also wonder if Alec has the same views on MJ as his brother here.

My 2 cents.
If god din't want us to get high driving he would not have allowed man to invent car lighters... this is true God told me

First there have been studies/tests that show with practice one can conceivably do as well stoned as sober. I got baked before I took my motorcycle license test to prove a point, and yes I passed. So if the license examiner thought I was safe enough to get a license... and no I didn't wear a skirt that day :p

I'm not saying to do it but some can perform just as well high at practiced tasks... though I may miss my turn because I forgot where I live... If one feels they have to party and get f'ed up I'd rather deal with pot smokers than drinkers when it comes to anything, especially sex cause pot smokers can still get ... :p

Hick said:
hXXp://www.topendsports.com/testing/reactiontest.htm
reaction time test...;)

0.325 not bad, but wont be drag racing any time soon

i dont drive stoned.

but im much much better at tiger woods golf and sex when im high

TMI?

After watching steven in the big brother house atm he seems to me that his life and everything about him is just run by god now, so to me any opinion that comes out of his mouth is just clouded by the belief of god

Latest posts

Back