room setup build a box in room or not ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk_michael

Reaction score
10x10x8 room
18000 btu smplit ac
2 gavita 1000
+ lep300

run lights 300 for veg
2 weeks flower 600w + lep
after add another 600
will increase to poss 800x2 + lep for 6 hours a day

trying to use a lot smaller growing area 4x4 or 5x5
autopilot fuzzy logic co2
bottled co2

50 pt dehu
room will be bagged and taped insulated with panels
As far as growing area- should I frame in a 5x5 or just stick the stuff in the middle of the room and hang weighted foylon around the canopy for air flow?
will have fans blowing below and above canopy and at gavitas to deal with the hotspot

also running maxfan 10" and canfilter

what would be the safest timers for lights

anyone think this would be a good setup?
you guys think in a well sealed room 100 pounds co2 would get them through 1 month veg + 2 flower ?

300w veg

is this beneficial to having the foylar free hanging with some weights or tie down and increase the footprint in room and wattage throughout grow.

any ideas or preferences

My ex grew in a larger room with a single 1000W. I made some freestanding "walls" out of PVC that we put mylar on. Kind of the same idea as room dividers. We moved the PVC walls as we needed. I think that this would be easier than hanging from the ceiling and weighting it. We could keep the walls in close when the plants were smaller and move them out as the plants grew.

However, if you are planning on adding CO2, I would build a box, so you are not wasting the CO2 by disbursing in a 100 sq ft room when your grow space should be kept to 60 sq ft or smaller with 2 1000W HPS.

I have not used CO2 so am no help with that. I also have never run more than 2 600W on a single timer, so never needed as much amperage as you will.

It sounds like a great project.

the pvc is a great idea.

Anyone know anything about how mini splits cycle? I just see the term and hear it but dont understand what it effects, temp swing? dehumidifying?

now as you say build a box do you mean a smaller box and throw the AC in with it... anyone else do anything like that?

I have access to large shipping crates. I was going to build an auxiliary room out of one of them, but ran out of time before the weather got too bad last fall, so I bought a tent instead. Bit this is still something I am kicking around to put in a spare room I have. I know nothing about the A/C you mentioned, but others here do. I'll see if my old brain can remember who runs split minis.

Latest posts

Back