Sacramento supervisors outlaw medicinal pot dispensaries in the county

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should approve proposal for dispencery. After all its a social work.

Hal, I do not believe there isn't a skim going on -- there is an offshore account getting fat somewhere -- don't be naieve. I was wondering how much dope (medicine) you are selling (vending) to Harborside every week. I'm not trying to be a a pain or disrespectful in any way -- how does it work? -- do you pay taxes on your income? You say no one is getting rich, and compared to Bill Gates that is probably true, but compared to a veteran living under a bridge -- it isn't true. With all that cash floating around, someone is getting what I would call rich. Just trying to keep it real...

Peace

check out how a "non-profit" is set up---all the $$$ goes back into the operation---operating expenses, salaries, benefits, etc...if there is a surplus of $---it gets donated to a charity, the community, or somewhere else---not offshore---think along the line of philanthropy for the excess cash

yea i hear that---philanthropy is a pretty cool gig if you can get it---:rofl:

I put it along the lines of Human Nature -- of which I have very little confidence...

Peace

So skeptical on a well known dispensary dealing with millions in and out yearly, yet we're all getting raped by big biz and banks and our own gov by trillions yearly and people just shrug and ignore it.... Sad sad state this country, and humanity is in..........

And making a living, and taking care of your employees with benefits isn't "getting rich". Running a business costs money. And people that work there as full time jobs deserve to be paid just the same as any other occupation. Lots of bogus vibes I'm feeling from some replies.

HemperFi said:
Hal, I do not believe there isn't a skim going on -- there is an offshore account getting fat somewhere -- don't be naieve. I was wondering how much dope (medicine) you are selling (vending) to Harborside every week. I'm not trying to be a a pain or disrespectful in any way -- how does it work? -- do you pay taxes on your income? You say no one is getting rich, and compared to Bill Gates that is probably true, but compared to a veteran living under a bridge -- it isn't true. With all that cash floating around, someone is getting what I would call rich. Just trying to keep it real...

Peace

They say ignorance is bliss........

It's sad to think fellow stoners don't want to and refuse to beleive that folks are really following the law regarding what can be done in cali. Very sad.

I guess it goes to show someones true character if they can't believe someone else could. Remember, just cause you would steal (skim), doesn't mean other people would.

It's easy to sit and write assuptions of what you "think" is happening. It's alot harder to do your homework and make thing happen.

Why would we? I, just like Harborside, pay taxes on all income generated. Why wouldn't I? I can finally show income legally. I like my job.

I know the folks at Harborside personally, and the folks running the show are not about getting rich, they are true hippies man. I don't think it would be wise to be "skimming" while you are being audited by the IRS for months on end. Pretty hard to skim when they are on you like fly's on ****.

There is no need to skim. You can legally claim a nice salary and have the BEST health insurance and retirement plan. No need to be shady bro.

Understanding how a Non-Profit works is something I am not going to try to explain to you. No one is getting rich.....well maybe Uncle Sam.

NorCalHal said:
All good Hemper...no worries bro.

Harborsides books are transparent, meaning they are full open with what they make and pay out. No one is getting rich, believe that.
They have 50+ employee's/with health benefits and 401K

They better make money, or they would shut down.

The whole $ issue in peoples minds is thier lack of understanding how a Non-Profit works.

I know exactly how a not for profit works. I worked for the largest not for profit catholic health care provider in the country (which was way bigger a not for profit than you will EVER work for.). I knew the salaries of the top guys there and while the business might not be making a profit the owners and people in the top spots were paying themselves a mint.

Herm said:
I know exactly how a not for profit works. I worked for the largest not for profit catholic health care provider in the country (which was way bigger a not for profit than you will EVER work for.). I knew the salaries of the top guys there and while the business might not be making a profit the owners and people in the top spots were paying themselves a mint.

Again...people assuming.

Sorry friend, I worked for the largest non profit in the US for 2 years.

So, it does sound like you know how a non profit works. Yes, the top execs/owners can, and do make a good salary. It is perfectly legal too.
In my State, non profit salaries are capped, so the sky isn't the limit.

What you call a "mint", I might call not enough. Some folks are not happy with the old 9-5 work grind and punching the timeclock. Some have better goals in life.

There is a reason that the owners/execs make more then the average worker...it's called stress.
Any monkey can go to work and do as they are told for 8 hours, and those monkeys get a paycheck....and wait patiently for the next one.

Some take the challenge and manage folks and the business, they make alot more.

You sound like the 8 hour paycheck guy and you don't seem happy about it.
Noone to blame but yourself. Some folks have drive.

So, don't pretend to know what I may or may not have done.

Now, I don't work for a non profit....I own one. Big difference my friend.

I have nothing against someone having ambition. What bothers me is the hypocracy. You are not selling dope to help people -- you are in it for the money -- It is set up as a "non-profit" because that is the only way it would ever be allowed to happen. I have been smoking weed for over 40 years -- I have known plenty of dope dealers -- too many. I never met one who wasn't in it for the money -- DeAngelo is in it for his ego -- and the money. :)

Just keeping it real...

a lot of inuendo in some of the statements made.

Peace

Wow Norcalhal being a cocky ******* in a thread and everyone ignoring him again? Would have never guessed.

HemperFi said:

Peace

glad to hear that you are using inuendo in making your statement that people are selling dope for profit and not to help ailing conditions

Herm said:
Wow Norcalhal being a cocky ******* in a thread and everyone ignoring him again? Would have never guessed.

Great retort.

Herm said:
I know exactly how a not for profit works. I worked for the largest not for profit catholic health care provider in the country (which was way bigger a not for profit than you will EVER work for.).

Ya bro....thats not cocky.

Keep on keepin' on son.

HemperFi said:
I have nothing against someone having ambition. What bothers me is the hypocracy. You are not selling dope to help people -- you are in it for the money -- It is set up as a "non-profit" because that is the only way it would ever be allowed to happen. I have been smoking weed for over 40 years -- I have known plenty of dope dealers -- too many. I never met one who wasn't in it for the money -- DeAngelo is in it for his ego -- and the money. :)

Just keeping it real...

Peace

No innuendo man, I'm straight calling you out. Obviously you sell Dope for profit, and you are hating cats that can do it legal.
Just keepin' it really real.

HemperFi said:
Still... they do a "blend," we do a cure, and in the show I watched, they seemed to know what their customers wanted -- so do we...

Ya bud, I got your number.

So, what's hypocritical about any of this? Sounds like we both sell herb for $, but I do it legal, and you don't. So you want to hate on folks that do it legal?

It is like any other job bro. This is just a dream job.

I trip on why you cats hate so much on it.

What really baffles me is if most anyone of you had the chance to grow for a living, most of you would ,I would think. Why wouldn't you?

If your all waiting for full legalization, it ain't going to happen.....ever in the USA.

I believe that most people that grow their own wouldn't try to support theirselves with growing. They know how hard it is just to grow enough to keep theirself in smoke. The thought of growing 10 to 15 times that amount, just to keep them in money is more that they want to take on

NorCalHal said:
I trip on why you cats hate so much on it.

What really baffles me is if most anyone of you had the chance to grow for a living, most of you would ,I would think. Why wouldn't you?

If your all waiting for full legalization, it ain't going to happen.....ever in the USA.

:ciao: I'm not hating, bro, need some help out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back