Scrooge grow question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickywicked

Reaction score
Just harvested my ak47 crop from my 4x4 tent.i only managed to fit two plants in the tent. The ak turned out to be have the bush type pheno and with two plants they filled my space. I stretched my handy dandy elastic net over the plants and proceeded to Scrog away. After second week of flwr the plants were so bushy the lower buds got little light. I could of doubled my haul if I had trimmed off some of the leaves. I ve always been hesitant to cut leaves but now I don t know. Should I have lollipop end em?

from what i 've heard about scrogs. i think everything under the netting gets trimmed

You don't just trim the leaves. You should trim the entire branch underneath so that the plant has air movement under the net. The majority of the buds should be above the net. I have a scrog grow in my link that has several pics.

And (hope this makes you feel better) I highly doubt that you could have doubled your yield, especially if you only trimmed the leaves. When you trim the leaves and do not take the entire branch, you are just taking away the little solar panels that turn light water and nutrients into good things.
Trimming just the leaves could actually have caused less yield.

Hmmmm...trimming leafs makes for less yield....I dont buy it..but ..too each his/her own

take care and be safe

Well, I have personally never seen a defoliated plant that yielded more than one with its fan leaves left on. I am not talking about lollipopping or stripping entire branches from below--I think that needs to be done. But to strip off fan leaves to get a bigger yield? Well, I just have never seen it happen.

I would like to add that with a scrog, the training is generally started early while still in veg. The object is to get the branches to grow horizontally and keep all growth under the screen until flowering--just letting the buds grow up vertically through the screen when you flower. I am not sure that adding a screen in flower without the horizontal training of the branches is going to give you the best yield. It is not really a scrog--it is more of a regular grow with a screen overtop to help control a bushy plant.

the main reason to clean up litterally 1/4 - 1/2 of lower leaf and sucker buds is to send all the energy to top bud development with a decent scrog set up the under net removal of leafs is needed over a span of first couple of weeks in flower then constant cleaning of lower sucker buds that will try to develop
cause they will always want to come back , by doing this all plants energy will be sent to top bud development
You got to realize a scrog will have plenty of leaf on top bottom leaf is shaded and will yellow off rapidly
Scrog is by far the bst way to maximize your yield per plant all it takes is little more training but it rewards you tri fold

Thank everyone..getting ready to move, when I setup again will do things different

The Hemp Goddess said:
Well, I have personally never seen a defoliated plant that yielded more than one with its fan leaves left on. I am not talking about lollipopping or stripping entire branches from below--I think that needs to be done. But to strip off fan leaves to get a bigger yield? Well, I just have never seen it happen.

I would like to add that with a scrog, the training is generally started early while still in veg. The object is to get the branches to grow horizontally and keep all growth under the screen until flowering--just letting the buds grow up vertically through the screen when you flower. I am not sure that adding a screen in flower without the horizontal training of the branches is going to give you the best yield. It is not really a scrog--it is more of a regular grow with a screen overtop to help control a bushy plant.
I don't think he was talking defoliating the plant at all?

Latest posts

Back