seedlings just poped out hps??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick

Reaction score
Never tryed growing with hps 400w son t plus form seed would it be ok for my ladys at such a young age or would it damage them or burn... even if i took the light up a bit higher would they then stat to streach which would not be a gd start... any help would be much appreciated...thx..
ps the grow romm is very well vented....

Will be great at 12in to 13in away from top. Your hps bulb does have blue spectrum in it right?

Too much stretching for my likings. Short and compact is what I like.

Topping a plant will keep it short and bushy too!

I don't like topping plants from seed until they have shown sex. Less stress on the little fellers.

hey man i just put a few germinated seeds in some pots, can i ask how much water you gave them the first few days? just wondering cause i'm still waiting for the little guys to pop out of the soil and i dont want to ruin it.

Richy-B said:
Will be great at 12in to 13in away from top. Your hps bulb does have blue spectrum in it right?

Damm that seems close, but if its not hot on the back of the hand it should be ok.
Floro bulbs will do sprouts just fine till they beef up a bit.

I keep my 400 watt hps about 12 inches away from the tops and have had fantastic results. With good ventilation, it does great. Im about 5 days into flower with hps from the beginnning and they are looking great. Should be a great grow.

Keep the plants damp but not soaking wet. Generally, you stick your finger into the first two or so inches of dirt and if its damp, its ok. Good luck. Keep us posted and take care. Be safe.

:cool: Usually an ounce or two depending on your schedule and pot size your using. Keep them moist, not soaked. Humidity covers are cool too. They're see-thru and have ventilation knobs on top so you can open and close whenever. Great for seedlings!:D

Latest posts

Back