Seeds. feminized ,"world of seeds"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone, a quick question, I ordered two feminized afghan kush indica seeds from the single seed company.. They arrived fine EDIT from over seas the UK and they enclosed two free feminized seeds with the order, Well The 2 indica seeds arnt very big.. I mean I have seen alot of seeds in my life but these are farily small not the plump, brown speckled variety that you find in many bag seeds purchase;'s/ The other two free look even smaller and almost immature a lighter color and the free ones don't say the companys name,.. just delicious fruity chronic juice is one and the other says !! Diavolo. I started germin the afghans last night in hopes they will even grow.. Maybe I am being skeptical but whenever I have chosen seeds to grow out of a bag I always choose the great big busting with plumpness varity.. Thanks Hero

Seeds come in all shapes, colors, and sizes depending on the strain. I wouldnt worry. How will you be germinating them?

I put them in a small soup bowl last night in between several layers of coffee filters. and the bowl sits inside a zip lock not all the way zipped up.

I haven't had good luck with the small seeds I get but to be fair, I haven't had good luck with alot of the seeds I have been getting so the jury is still out on that for me. I'm going with a different breeder next time and hopefully will have better luck. Alot of peeps here agree with maineharvest that the small seeds should be just as viable as the larger ones.

Just float them... That seems to be the only way I have found, that will predict if a seed will grow or not. Take a shot glass, about half full of room temp clean water. Throw your beans in it and stash it somewhere warm and dark, I float mine for about 24 hours.

Once your time has elapsed, go and check the babies, anything on the bottom of the glass should grow. Anything floating after 24 hours gets the boot.

Best of luck!! :fly:

P.S... Mine will go onto a damp paper towel after they are floated, and until they show a tap root. Then transplanted as usual.

I think Heal4real is currently growing out those two same strains, and she got them for free too. They're close to getting cut and looking great, if I remember right.

Well hopefully I will know in the next 48 to 36 hours.. Thanks yall Hero

Cali*Style said:
Just float them... That seems to be the only way I have found, that will predict if a seed will grow or not. Take a shot glass, about half full of room temp clean water. Throw your beans in it and stash it somewhere warm and dark, I float mine for about 24 hours.

Once your time has elapsed, go and check the babies, anything on the bottom of the glass should grow. Anything floating after 24 hours gets the boot.

P.S... Mine will go onto a damp paper towel after they are floated, and until they show a tap root. Then transplanted as usual.

Hi Cali, I do that for mine as well, so that I don't have to keep the paper towel soaking wet, just damp. I haven't noticed any seeds not sink and still get a high rate of non viable seeds. I can only remember a couple of the small seeds ever germinating. Who do you use as a supplier for your seeds?

A supplier, well it depends on what I am after. Commercial suppliers, I like Attitude and Jim at Dope-seeds. I have had really good luck with both of them.

As for commercial breeders... Ummmmm...

I have used with decent results: Soma, Sensi seeds, Afropips, Barney, Nirvana, Cali Connection, and Sub.

They all have some decent gear, I would bank money on Soma, Cali Connection, Barneys farm and Sub Cool. They seem to have done the best as far as uniform genetics.

Some of Cali Connections OG crosses are pure fire in seed form! Sub Cool has some gear that I really like too though. I absolutely loved Barneys Pineapple chunk!!!!! Most of Somas gear is top notch, in my opinion. Nirvanas Black Berry could have been clones... Those plants were 99% identical, minus one which was a failure.

Other than that, local clones and or gifted gear is what I use. Oddly enough, local gear and clones are considerably cheaper than buying gear from commercial breeders or seed banks.

As for floating, I have had a couple that wouldn't sprout after a good long bath, but usually it works well for me. I got a bunch of beans from Low Life last year, looked like primo beans too... But when I floated them, none of 'em sank. So I extended their bath time for another 24 hours, then when they were still floating, I started cracking beans. They were all dried out inside. Moral of the story (lmao), don't judge a seed by it's cover.

Best of luck and MOJO!! :fly:

my ll diavlo and fruity chronic juice freebies from wws popped after 4 days in soil and are quit healthy , if i could figure out how to post pics again youd see

Cali*Style said:
They all have some decent gear, I would bank money on Soma, Cali Connection, Barneys farm and Sub Cool. They seem to have done the best as far as uniform genetics.

Some of Cali Connections OG crosses are pure fire in seed form! Sub Cool has some gear that I really like too though. I absolutely loved Barneys Pineapple chunk!!!!! Most of Somas gear is top notch, in my opinion. Nirvanas Black Berry could have been clones... Those plants were 99% identical, minus one which was a failure.

:fly:

I wondered about those Cali Conn seeds...will buy some! THANKS!!

Cali*Style said:

I will watch mine closer, but I am sure I've sprouted a few seeds that hadn't sank.....

hey there, the fruity chronic juice is from delicious seed co and so is the diovolo,advise you look on attitude as all the info you will need is on there,flowering times etc.
my first time posting a link so if ive done this wrong my appologies in advance.
hxxp://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/delicious-seeds-feminized-cannabis-seeds/cat_123.html
this link will take you straight there,the 2 strains you are looking for are near the bottom of the page.
hope this helps,happy growin and green mojo for your future girls :)

Latest posts

Back