sick leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonedsmithy

To Wasted To Know
Reaction score
some of the lower leaves of my plants arent lookng healthy does anyone know what might be going wrong is it a neut problem? the leaves have lots of white speckles over them an are going a light pale green

how big is your plant? when ours was vegging we built up a pile of dead leaves as they simply die due to lack of light becuase of the overcast from the canopy

stonedsmithy said:
some of the lower leaves of my plants arent lookng healthy does anyone know what might be going wrong is it a neut problem? the leaves have lots of white speckles over them an are going a light pale green
CH might be right. Have you checked the underside of the leaves. Alot of times white specs=spider mites. :eek:

"I" myself have had a dose of those little critters,had to sterilize everything,i`ve even moved my growing space,due to all the stuff i`ve heard about "returning evictees"
gonna give it a shot with 5 plants at first, just to be sure.
we actually bring the majority of the bugs in by ourselves on clothes, hair etc.:48:
looks like hundreds of little yellow specs on the surface of the leaves.That`s the area where the mites have extracted the juices from the leaves.if you turn the leaves over you can see them, no problem with a magnifying instrument.they move, "IMO" they looked white.
if an infestation is left un-chalenged,or not noticed as a bug problem the mites will create "web like" structures from leaf-to-leaf,to enable easier movement around the plant.if you see that,it`s a lost cause.give up and get cleaning."I" would reccomend moving the grow space,as they seem to be extremely difficult to eradicate,although there are techniques to "limit" the mite activity,if not get rid of them completely.Rule #1-keep everything spotless however sometimes even this is not good enough.
but good luck man,keep us updated.

hey cheers guys yer its bugs little barstards are evrywhere i gave them a spray with pyrethrum an ill do it again in a week hopefully it rids them

try spraying your plants down with the treatment you have selected, then the next day spray fresh water to rinse off the treatment. repeat the process until you are satisfied

stonedsmithy said:
hey cheers guys yer its bugs little barstards are evrywhere i gave them a spray with pyrethrum an ill do it again in a week hopefully it rids them

Pyrethrum is good stuff... mites r the only ones that seem to enjoy it and resist it.... everything else it kills pretty decent like.

what else is there i can use besides pyruthrum ive sprayed twice now an there still alive any ideas mate

stonedsmithy said:
what else is there i can use besides pyruthrum ive sprayed twice now an there still alive any ideas mate

it depends what kinda bug ur trying to kill are they thrips? mites?

oh there white mites an there a fear few of them by the looks,so yer is there anythng else i can try

try soapy water in a "misting" container. spray the gals every day, alternating with water. also, get a sponge, with washing up liquid and a little water. (two sponges works better), using the sponge(s),wipe each side of the leaves and this "should" contain, if not eradicate them.
make sure you do the under-side of the leaves,that`s where the "devils" lay there eggs and live.
make sure ALL the leaves are wiped with soapy sponges.
good luck man, take it easy.:stoned: :48:

I tried for a week to get rid of mites, and I finally threw away my clones. I was worried they would multiply to fast to get rid of them. This would be a last resort, but it eases the mind a bit.

the best "plan of action",would be to give em` the chop.although first i would try all the methods to get rid first,then if they fail, at least you gave it your best shot.
when you finnish this grow,better get your whole space sterilized.
can you see the "web-like" spans from leaf to leaf?:) :stoned:

I always dip my clones in a avid solution for that reason

What do you did your clones in Kade? And does anyone spray neem oil before hand to prevent the little critters fromshowing up? Sorry to bud in like this Stonedsmithy.

Latest posts

Back